TPF 2018 tournament NEXT WEEK! (pin list & volunteers)

Was that the game selection rule from the classics tournament in Copenhagen? I like it. Just don’t borrow their “ties in a playoff round go to the higher qualifying seed” rule!

1 Like

TNA would be a modern at Pinburgh.

1 Like

I did a test stream with a new computer in preparation of TPF next week. Took the opportunity to give a sneak peak of the “Stars” that will be featured in the main bank. Enjoy.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/237375305

Indeed. Please see the last sentence that states explicitly that Finals tiebreakers are handled the same as in PAPA rules.

http://www.neverdrains.com/tpf2018/playerIndex.php

1 Like

Will the Classics Finals be streamed?

Sadly no. Not enough cameras

Bummer. I usually enjoy watching classics more as the rules are simpler to figure out and generally the action is more exciting, shorter ball times, etc.

With the diverse lineup of games in the main tournament though things should be pretty fun to watch as well.

Any custom changes to Stargate being made in consideration of ball times?

I’m with you on classics finals being more exciting. But you’re right about the main tournament, every group must play a modern, SS, and EM. Makes for some good matches.

1 Like

Toward the end of this thread Louisville Arcade Expo March 2-4 2018 the topics of of tournament costs, time management, payouts, deep pockets, etc. were being discussed at length.

I just wanted to give some appreciation to @Snailman for finding an awesome balance between all these variables for the TPF tournament format.

Limited best game format with 20 entries - Can’t just keep playing a game forever to get the big one. Plus this leaves time to enjoy the rest of the show
Flat entry fee of $70 - Deep pockets aren’t a factor among those competing
Payouts are substantial and clearly listed ahead of time
And for those who want to keep playing, there’s an unlimited classics tourney

Now I just wish I was going! Next year…

8 Likes

Have you seen the underside of the playfield on Elektra? What a nightmare!

1 Like

When will the stream start?

It’s on right now!

https://www.twitch.tv/spacecitypinball

3 Likes

We’ll be streaming the end of qualifying from 2-4pm today, and then finals at 5pm. twitch.tv/spacecitypinball

2 Likes

Let me know when it’s uploaded to youtube so I can pinballvideos dot com dem shits

1 Like

$10 if you loose my horrible TNA game from the quarter finals T_T

What finals!! I hopefully won’t spoil anything by saying I’ve been watching Karl since he streamed that DoD multiball and I have to say in my opinion he has the best flipper skills out of all the top players in any tournament. Constantly doing seemingly little things (with great success too) in situations where a passive approach would be safer perhaps but not give the amount of control.

Thanks for streaming this thriller, and to the commentators who did a top job keeping it informative and fun.

4 Likes

Anybody who was there to see that final group play couldn’t help but have their mind blown at the skill on display. I won’t spoil anything either, but man, THAT PARAGON BALL 3.

@Snailman did a fantastic job running the tournaments and keeping everything organized and moving along. Our little Salt Lake league claimed 3 plaques, including the Classics 1st place finish, on the weekend and it felt good.

Thanks to all who volunteered. The amount of people in qualifying was crazy. @YeOldPinPlayer usually spends the entirety of day 1 and day 2 scorekeeping, and I hope everybody notices and appreciates that.

5 Likes

Hear ye hear ye! Indeed, we couldn’t have done it without @YeOldPinPlayer! In addition to scorekeeping duties he also stayed up late on Thursday to help set up the cameras, and woke up early on Sunday to help tear them down. He also loaned all the scorekeeping tablets and brought an extra computer to run the queue projector. He’s the guy behind the scenes getting things done.

Thanks to everyone else who volunteered too. I’m very pleased with how smoothly everything went.

4 Likes

I didn’t mean to leave you out in the shoutouts, Phil. I blanked on your username. Thanks for being there and putting forth the emotional and physical effort as well.