I have finally released my baby - https://matchplay.events/ - to the public. Match Play Events is a tournament app that runs anywhere (iOS, Android, your laptop). My testers have been using it in tournaments over the past six months, and I have received tons of great feedback. Now anyone can give it a try.
The app handles seven different tournament formats:
- Head-to-head match play
- Group match play
- Knockout (e.g. 3 strikes)
- Group knockout
- Single elimination brackets
- Group elimination brackets (think PAPA style finals)
Awesome features include:
- Live results and standings for players (with personalized info if players create their own user accounts)
- IFPA integration (adds players using IFPA numbers)
- Swiss, balanced or random player pairings
- Balanced or random machine assignments
- Balanced or random player orders
- Play on more than one machine each round
There are both a free version and a paid version. The free version includes the most popular tournament formats and up to 32 players so you can use it in real tournaments without paying. There is also a 14-day free trial of the paid version with no credit card required so you can try everything before paying.
As a special intro offer, you can use the coupon code tiltforums for 20% on your first year, bringing the cost down to a measly $2/month.
Let me know if you give it a try. I’m committed to incorporating feedback from tournament organizers and players, and I’d love to hear from you. I’m happy to answer any questions here or at email@example.com