The Mandalorian Rulesheet

Or even more basic, don’t bother with the +1 PFx.

Start mode, start MB, hold action button.

That’s the strategy I gave to a 12 year old at a recent comp, and she beat everyone else who didn’t know the rules.

Currently, that is by far the easiest and safest way to put some decent points up right at the start of the game. I’d even go as far to repeat for your next MB as well, (having bought another flamethrower).

3 Likes

And make sure the first two MBs you play are 1 and 3. Much harder to score high in 2.

5 Likes

Anyone know if there’s settings you can enable to make mball/mission/encounter non-random (everyone starts with the 1st one, etc)

Like how in IM you can make everyone start with Flight of Icarus instead of a random one and lock the spinner(?) from changing modes

Well, there is a competition mode. Does that do it, or is this something they might get to eventually.

Just FYI for anyone using Mandalorian in a tournament… during Jetlack multiball, the ramp diverter is held down to divert balls to the mini playfield. The bracket for this diverter coil sits right above the orbit near the entrance to the mpf and when the diverter coil is engaged, it’s fully magnetized (which is normal). This has the rather unfortunate effect of becoming an inadvertant ball lock mechanism as the space between the playfield and bracket is just enough for the ball to travel under and when the coil is engaged, the magnetized bracket will grab and hold a ball that passes beneath it until the multiball ends and the diverter raises back up. So free stuck ball in multiball basically anytime someone starts jetpack.

3 Likes

Ive definitely noticed that inadvertent magnet hold before. That should really be addressed in the next code update. There is really no reason to keep the diverter active all of the time, when there is a switch on that ramp that can trigger it.

Ugh.

My simple solution I’m using at this point (due more to the long-playing nature of the Center All-Day strat) is to not use Mando in my tournaments.

1 Like

Am I wrong. Its only an issue for a few seconds during multiball when another ball is going up the left ramp. I am not trying to minimize the issue. I just want to make clear if its a bug or a design issue? In a future release I will shorten the window of time when the coil is fired during multiball.

I could put on adjustment not using the mini-playfield in the 3 multiballs. Maybe.

Colin, what if you had to play an encounter to reenable multiballs? I could add this to an adjustment too. I want you to use Mando in tournaments.
: – )

3 Likes

During Jetpack, the diverter stays down until the multiball ends. At least that’s what it was doing yesterday. I’ve noticed balls getting stuck in the back ocasionally for a few weeks but I thought it was the post diverter they were sitting on and only discovered it was the diverter bracket after figuring out the post was perfectly fine.

I don’t think this is an issue with just my game because a friend with a Mando at another location was using it at their event sunday and had the same exact problem come up.

Please do something. We won’t use it either because of the center all day strat. After the first multiball, make the player shoot 2 orbits, or stand ups or something in order to might turn next MB. Maybe even make it harder like AFM, shoot X then center, shoot X then center. Rinse and repeat 8-10 times before the last MB starts.

We did a stream last night on it on our finals, it is without the worst game to watch on stream right now. You have to make the player shoot other shots or strategies worth more in the game it is too easy to achieve your multiballs in succession right now and most scoring strategies are based on the middle shot. You need to force a player to do some different shots in order to achieve the future multiballs. Force players to hit ramps to get the second mode, even for the hurry up give one then maybe you have to hit another shot to start it up again then shoot middle to start and finish it. There is just too much repetition and safe shooting up the middle for the player on that game and you need to give players a reason to shoot for something else. I feel like it is just a grind right now to play it will be moved out of the competition lineup soon as there are a ton of complaints on it from players.

1 Like

I would love to be able to use Mando in tourneys again.
re: requiring an Encounter to reenable your next MB… I think the intention here is good. Though I don’t like it being an Encounter to do so: because completing an Encounter is another wood-chop fest with skilled players. Each time the ball leaves the mini-PF, it is a very easy live catch on the R flipper, to set up a safe/controlled shot at the L ramp.

So the [MB] → [Encounter] → [MB is able to be requalified] idea just adds a different safe wood-chopping requirement to get to next MB.

My recommendation: Require a player to either light+start (or complete, as an adjustable Hard setting) one Hunter mode after their first MB completes before they can start looping the center again to light their next MB. This forces players to shoot a relatively dangerous target bank, going through an inlane, and if set to Hard, requires two orbit shots as well.

Another additional consideration might be to allow a player to qualify their next MB, provided that they’re on a different ball than when they played their prior MB, even if they were not successful in starting/completing a Hunter in between. To prevent someone from being in “Hunter jail.”

2 Likes

And hopefully add coindoor ball saver and coindoor tilt disable too for those of us that want to use impossible mode for tournaments.

3 Likes

I get it that the multiball shots are causing some repetition in tournaments, but idk if I’d be quite so critical of the current code. The multiballs on their own without modes going aren’t going to blow anything up, and getting another mode started before the next MB does require some ramp switching with the current code. I’m open to adding another barrier to just chaining multiballs, but I feel like exclaiming “we’re not using any of it in any tourney until you fix it” is a tad bit dramatic too. It’s a tremendously fun game as it is.

2 Likes

Options are always good though. With the last GOT update it’s completely customizable which is awesome.

Dear Dwight,

could you also lower the power of the diverter coil a bit in order to minimize the effect?

The need of a hunter, scope or an ambush mode in order to reactivate RCMB seems to be a good idea, that also reinforce the feeling of a journey.

Thanks for your work!

Having to complete/play a mission or encounter to qualify the next razorcrest has been my hope for a while, Mando really needs this to stop the center all day strat…I feel like it should be that way by default.
Edit: I love Colin’s idea with the Hunter, go with that for sure! I’ve put up over 2B on Mando and 100% ignored Hunter because it isn’t “safe”, so that’d be the perfect way to increase the difficulty of relighting razorcrest. It makes sense from a lore angle too, Mando completes his hunt and then heads to his Razorcrest.

4 Likes

As in the series, the Razor Crest needs some repair in order to return to battle.

Then, a workaround to soften the center shot strat could be:

Disable the reactivation of RCMB by looping the center shot.

Replace Razor Crest (which Immediately lights next multiball or hurry-up) in the Foundry by a Repair Kit, which reactivates the Razor Crest Multiball instead of directly starting it.

Maybe, next ball also reactivates the RCMB.

3 Likes

I really like this “repair idea” to re-enable Razorcrest, thematically it fits perfectly. Even something like
“Shoot Both Orbits to repair Razorcrest” to re-enable the 2nd MB and then “Shoot Both Orbits and Ramps” to re-enable the 3rd MB or something along those lines. And then the total number of shots up the middle (once the Razorcrest is repaired) could be decreased to make it feel less wood choppy. Personally, I’m not a huge fan of being required to buy it from the Foundry but it could definitely be an option.

4 Likes

Am I correct in thinking that you can only get scope and start the +1x playfield before starting multiball, and you can’t start the hunter mode during multiball, so you can’t earn that +1x playfield unless you start hunter first? If that’s the case then that incentivizes going for these other shots before starting multiball. If someone is playing their multiballs at 2x or 3x or more they will have a big scoring advantage over players with only 1x scoring.

One Mandalorian near me has very active slings and the feed from the left orbit is hard to catch because the ball will nick the top of the slingshot and put a spin on the ball, so the game can be set up to make it a little harder to just repeat the center shot.

1 Like