Stupid, but fun objectives

Oh that one was a little stranger. The idea on that one was to shoot the right orbit from the left flipper, then shoot the left ramp on the fly as the ball passed the upper right flipper.

It’s possible but right down there with the 2% likelihood of tap-passing to an upper flipper.

3 Likes

Kiss and WWE had double wound flipper coils. For some reason they switched to single wind coils after those games.

I don’t have much trouble doing tip passes on the GB I mostly play. It came from the factory with the flippers aligned slightly above the alignment holes and the op hasn’t touched them. Because of the coloring of the art around the tips of the flippers on GB, it’s hard to see the alignment holes unless you look close.

Not to turn this into a technical topic, but it surprised me, if the system does not have a watchdog procedure on the node boards that blanks externals, if the master mind vanishes. Still, it may mature on future updates.

I really like the decentralised control/logic board designs.

I’ve noticed the same thing on my GB; you have to release the flipper button for a much longer time than you would expect before the flipper starts to drop. It’s not actually too bad once you’re used to it but definitely feels very different from most other games.

I never noticed this on my GOT until I got a WCS. Been playing my WCS a ton. When I switched back to GOT, I thought the flippers were sticking. Haha

Watching the Baywatch tutorial I was reminded of an example of this. Sometimes on Ripley’s you will hear…“Beat that fool upside the head with a … Extra Ball”. LOL

4 Likes

Current stupid objective: maximum Ultra Spinner. Make this happen by getting all four lit, then cashing in spinner repeatedly (spinner is dialed = instant completion). My record is ten cash-ins for 400 million.

Next goal: 10 finishing bonuses ALL AT ONCE. :wink:

1 Like

That’s harder! You’d need a ton more goals for that. Someone call John McEwen.

(McEwen had 81 goals on World Cup in PAPA B Division qualifying. Not a typo.)

3 Likes

Can you elaborate on this? I just got a WCS and would like to try it out. So if you have all ultra modes lit you can collect the ultra spinner more than once?

Each time you restart an ultra mode that’s running, you get the start points (typically 5M, but 4M for ultra jets) immediately. However, the target amount you need to get is raised in order to collect the bonus. Here’s an example:

• Start Ultra Ramps (total = 5M, need to get to 30M to collect 10M bonus)
  • Start the other 3 Ultra modes because you can’t restart ramps until all are running…
  • Shoot 2 ramps in the meantime (total = 15M, need 30M to get 10M bonus)
  • Start Ultra Ramps again
  • Get the 5M start bonus (total = 20M now), but now you need to get to 60M to earn a 20M bonus.

So in Bowen’s original example, you can start all 4, finish off ultra spinner, get a goal that is guaranteed to start ultra spinner again (because it’s the only one not running), and do that over and over (so 10 ultra spinners completed after 13 goals ideally). Doing the thing I suggested means you need at least 40 goals to stock up 10 super spinners at once, then get a total of 250 spins to collect a 100M bonus.

Totally a stupid, but fun (???) objective.

4 Likes

Okay cool. Thanks. I was wondering how my ultra bonuses at the end of ball were sometimes really high. Didn’t realize you could keep racking up those points.

2 Likes

Right. They stack quite nicely, although it’s interesting to me the player is worse off when doubling them up: like @keefer said, it’s a completion bonus only. From an interface perspective I think it’s totally the right decision.

Related, more specific objective: get 35 million in Ultra Ramps.

1 Like

See how many video modes you can complete with your eyes closed.

1 Like
  • DE Star Wars speeder mode
  • Tommy (well, nearly max points)

Get Hand of the King lit with <100 million.

Bonus points: playing as house Tyrell.

2 Likes

Is this possible? You have to complete 4 modes.

Stark completed with 4 shots all un multiplied.

Martell three shots, time out the hurry up collect

Baratheon three shots un multiplied. Tickle the spinner just enough to light the dragon.

Not sure on the fourth house I’d try. I’m gonna go for it right now.

Edit. Just finished Martell stark and Greyjoy and had 124 mil. Martell is surprisingly worth like 25 million for playing it about as poorly as you can. Baratheon not sure can be used as it’s pretty impossible to only hit the spinner for a couple ticks.

Tyrell always awards fixed points, so that’s out. Targaryen… LOL.

Probably just gonna have to play Greyjoy or Lannister as crappily as possible. :slight_smile:

Okay yeah. Has to be Lannister GJ stark and Martell. I’m gonna do this. Haha