Stern Jurassic Park Rulesheet

I added a 5th small rubber washer to the 4 currently on the truck newton ball post, it keeps the tension between the ball and truck and doesn’t allow it to flew downward and get balls stuck underneath. Works like a charm after 2000+ plays after adjusting

Is Escape Nublar the wizard mode or is there another?

1 Like

When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth

Secret super-wizard “epilogue” mode awarded for successfully completing Visitor’s Center, Museum Mayhem, Secure Control Room, and Escape Nublar. Timed 6-ball 60-second multiball with unlimited ball save similar to Cherry Bomb in GOTG. All Amber features are running (scoring 1/2 your Amber value) and all shots are lit for jackpots of roughly 1.5x your Amber value. When time runs out, all balls are drained and your game ends.

5 Likes

A couple of questions.

1. Is it possible to actually quailfy full points for T-Rex MB? I can pretty regularly hit all the shots prior to left ramp, but am still unable to lock in 6.5 million going into the MB. Is this even possible? If not, why?

2. Is there a way to get out of CR mode select without watching the animation? Timers run during this and having 2x or pteranodon run down while watching animations sucks. I’m on 1.02.

1. I’m fairly certain I’ve locked in 6.5 before just by making sure the helipad was the last shot, comboed immediately into the left ramp. If that doesn’t do it, I don’t see how it’s possible.

2. No, and I believe this is by design. Keith didn’t want timers to stop for nearly anything. Ya just gotta plan for it.

I’ve hit it right after Helipad numerous times without getting 6.5. I think last time I hit the pteranodon and had it higher than helipad.

Don’t mode timers stop? So just beneficial timers run down? SMH.

The worst timers continuing bit is when you have the coin door open - it sucks to lose rescues because you had a stuck ball.

True, but that’s kind of a universal issue across Sterns. I can recall opening coin door during a Crank It Up mode in Metallica cause I had to tend to something in the house, and those timers don’t stop either. Wah wah.

Ouch. I had no idea… I figured that inactivity would pause that timer. Good thing that CIU timers are very generous – very few people/plays of CIU actually get to the end of those songs without draining or cashing.

Shot the left loop as my last shot and locked in 6,750,000

3 Likes

Is it possible to earn a fossil from Feed Trex? I thought I had earned one in the past for earning 2 SJPS, but was not awarded a fossil last 2 times I did this. Last FTR was over 200 million so assume not point based either.

no. If you got one during T-Rex multiball, it was happenstance of coinciding with a fossil earned another way (wild card fossils, etc)

1 Like

So weird, I could swear I had gotten it a couple times. Not sure which one it would have been if a wildcard. Oh well, I’ll stop stressing on that second SJP.

I’ve just made my first rulesheet contribution by adding a note that the MXV award is 26M. That’s the total value when completing MXV on the first ball; I haven’t yet confirmed if it’s higher when you’ve already completed skill shots on previous balls to bump up the base value.

3 Likes

I got a few good clips tonight of the MXV skill shot with both a fresh game (2M initial skill shot value clip) and later on (4M initial skill shot value clip). From what I can tell, you get a big 2-way combo (2M in my ball 1 MXV; 3.6M in my later game MXV) and the side ramp (tower) goes from being a normal 4X shot called “Double Super Skill Shot” to being an 8X shot just called “Super Skill Shot”. So all together you get 1X+2X+8X+combo.

I haven’t pulled off a MXV + right orbit yet; I’m curious to see if that gives big points as well. If you can’t combine those, then you’re probably better off going for the 13X skill shot points available from Left Ramp (1X), Right Ramp (2X), Side Ramp (4X), Right Orbit (6X) when you get to the bigger base values (clip).

Apologies for the video lagging behind the audio in those clips.

3 Likes

@kdeangelo or @Snailman

Can you please explain the strat of getting multiple billions on Pteranadon? Or if there is a video out there could you point me in the right direction?

Cheers, Craig

Start Pteranodon Attack then rip the spinner over and over while the timer is running. Whatever multiplier you build carries over. Rinse and repeat. Do not collect until you’re ready as that will reset the multiplier!

1 Like

Thanks Karl, I understand the basic premise. When you have had big collects what was your base value at and what about your multiplier? I can see the multiplier getting pretty big, but because you restart the base value each time, surely that can’t get too big? I’m guessing multiballs come into play and then the 2x when you do collect?

IIRC, the base goes up and the incremental amount added to the base per spin also goes up for each successive instance of Pteranodon attack. I don’t recall the value, but it starts adding up.

You are correct though, that on the whatever Attack you finally decide to cash in, you need to spend the timer rebuilding the base value prior to the collect.

Pro tip: don’t forget what capturing the T-Rex bounty does for you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Multiballs are an interesting trade off between having more balls on PF to get more switch hits during Attack and running the risk of accidentally flailing into a premature R ramp shot.