Stern Jurassic Park Rulesheet

Thanks Colin,

Thats great, didn’t know about the incremental growth in the base value. I had considered T-Rex as well :+1:

Hey all - I activated Invalid Frenzy last night, and it was a blast. Looked up the rules here, but I don’t know the original software bug that this is referencing. Can someone fill me in?

I think it was something along the lines of there being an “INVALID” descriptor on the “Next T-Rex Mode” display on early code, where the name of the next mode would normally be.

It’s just a common error that’s popped up in other Stern games, including DMD-era ones.

1 Like

Can someone add what is required to capture each dinosaur? For example:
Gallimimus: 1 rescue, 1 set trap, shoot to capture
Spitter: 2 rescues, 1 set trap, 1 helipad, shoot to capture
etc.
Thanks!

I believe it depends on what setting the machine is on.

Interesting. What setting(s) are you referring to? Standard vs. Competition?

standard or competition may change some things. but then (i don’t own a JP so not certain on specifics) most features have settings like easy/medium/hard… on JP I’m sure that Raptor MB and Chaos MB and Control Room modes have easy/medium/hard settings, as would Dinosaur Captures. And changing from default on any of those would make a lot of the info in this rulesheet inaccurate…

If I remember from playing on one with Comp Install - I don’t believe that changes the difficulty of playing the paddocks. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Maybe I’m thinking of what it takes to capture it changes not the amount of rescues to qualify it(as in hit a stand up, then helipad to light capture)

I’m not referring to any? Im saying it depends on the settings of the individual game.

So if we use the first paddock as an example it on normal capture settings it should be 1 rescue, 1 set trap ,1 capture shot

But if it’s on a harder setting it could be 1 rescue, 1 set trap, 1 helipad and 1 capture shot.

my point is just that it’s kind of an inane response to give when the rulesheet already reflects basically “standard install” settings; questions like his should be answered according to “standard install” also.

1 Like

Still learning the nuances of the rules, and wondering about completing my rescues before starting the next paddock. Multiple times I’ve run into a situation where I’ve captured the dino and set about collecting the remaining rescues (and usually M-A-P letters along the way), only to get a rescue placed on the left ramp when it’s lit to “advance paddock”.

Other than “playing better” by collecting more rescues before capturing the dino, is there anything I can do to move that rescue off of the left ramp? Are rescues placed randomly or does the position of the truck affect it?

Regardless of weather there are tricks to keep rescues off of the left ramp, I’m now going to focus on getting rescues (but leaving one as bait, after reading details of dino behavior in this thread) before capturing the dino, at least on the early paddocks.

I try to avoid qualifying the next paddock until I have made all the rescues to avoid this scenario.
As for rescue placement, I think it’s just set for each paddock.

It’s quite possible it’s that - or perhaps maybe it’s a few set patterns per paddock. I’ve noticed certain patterns on the first few paddocks to be convinced that it’s never just completely random.

So I went to edit the 1st post in order to add an index to it and hit a 75000 character limit. Is there any way to add a 2nd post in order to accommodate the entirety of the rulesheet?

Might be better to bump up the maximum post length, which I think is a site configuration option. @gdd ?

I added a “quick links”/index section and made some formatting changes as well.

Due to the addition of the quick links section and the 75000 character word limit for a single post, I ended up removing the very wordy “layout” section and replaced it with pictures of the Premium and Pro playfields. I might try and add it back in if I can remove some overall wordiness throughout but felt the quick links sections was overall much more useful to a person visiting this rulesheet.

3 Likes

Not sure if it has been discussed before but in code 1.03 DNA combos for an extra ball is 8.
Seems that was supposed to be changed to 6 but wasn’t.

I’m not sure about 1.04 code as I won’t be installing that but I would be interested to know if it was picked up and changed to 6 in the latest code?

I have manually changed mine to 6 as AFAIK that is supposed to be factory settings and 8 is too many for me :slight_smile:

Question has to be asked, why won’t you update to latest code?

Also, does it matter what the default combo is if you’re going to change it anyway?

(Not knocking you for reducing it to 6 if you feel that’s more achievable for you)