Stern Insider Connected

I didn’t know GZ Saucer Attack mb was a thing until I looked at my achievements a couple weeks ago and saw I didn’t ever start it.

Got it tonight for the first time.

No achievement!

The internet has foresaken me!

I’m going to go create a rage thread on Pinside now.

Sure you were signed in?

For sure. The game is showing in my games played list. Just not getting any saucer love.

Also seems to be an issue with city combos.

I’ve definitely got all 8 (on the pro), 6 of them in a single game.
Wording implies that you just need to get them all, not all in the same game.

Or is it just the wording?

No idea for sure, but it may just be lack of space. Achievement description looks like it’s one line, 50 characters max and that line is already 45. Adding …in one game would’ve put it over 50.

On saucer MB, check your lifetime saucer collects and make sure those are counting (increasing).

Navigating menus in Godzilla 0.93 and 0.94, it’s implied that a game can display a QR code containing the WiFi credentials of the network it’s on, to simplify configuration of multiple games in a single location. I had a connectivity issue and thought I might need to re-enter my WiFi settings, but wasn’t able to get my game to generate a QR code. Even in GZ 0.94 where it will display the IP address, SSID and signal strength, it does not generate a QR code.

Am I misunderstanding this screen from the game? When I go to that menu option (About/Network), there isn’t a QR code on the screen for me to photograph.

Does anyone know the format of the code? It would be convenient to use an online QR code generator for an initial install instead of trying to navigate that keyboard to enter a password. When I last tried it, it claimed the action button would work as a shift key, but it didn’t seem to work.

If you have a qr encoder handy that doesn’t have a template for wifi, you just need to encode a string like this:
WIFI:S:YourSSID;T:WPA;P:YourPassphrase;;
Searching for something like “wifi qr encoder” should lead you to a tool with a built in template, but I’m not going to endorse a specific online encoder without knowing for certain it doesn’t snarf up ssid/passphrase combos. (and I’m too lazy to go looking at that).

2 Likes

On android phones anyway, you can view wifi network settings and generate a QR code there directly, and then scan it into the reader on the apron. If you’re already connected to the wifi wherever you’re setting up the game then you can do it that way, you don’t need to utilize an already-connected machine.

1 Like

I was having some Insider Connected issues after upgrading to Godzilla 0.94 (it showed a wired connection but would switch to Wi-Fi after initiating a Wi-Fi Scan), so I generated a QR code for my network, and re-ran the Wi-Fi configuration on my machine. After doing so, the About/Network page started showing the QR code. I haven’t rebooted my game yet, but I suspect this will resolve the network issues as well.

and yes put your games in a VLan, SSID and password that you don’t use for anything else.

1 Like

I didn’t see if there was any other follow up to this after the next few posts.

If TMNT is being used in a tournament, other than not allowing players to log in, is there a way to disable the scoring advantage in the settings?

I’m not sure how to interpret the last line “Your training levels will be 1 during competition play.” This could mean any non-single player game or competition mode is set to yes. Which is it? This could also mean if competition mode is set to yes then you can never advance past level 1.(?)

So what’s the best way for TDs to handle TMNT and Insider Connected during tournaments?

If the game is in Competition mode it will not use your saved Training from Insider Connected.

TDs should put TMNT into Competion mode.

4 Likes

Thanks, Dwight.

Avengers, Jurassic, and Iron Maiden have special modes for logged in players as well that may have a special adjustment you need to change to disable. Install competition will change this for you but simple competition mode may not

1 Like

Avengers didn’t have it implemented, I thought? Jurassic Park added Goat Mania, Iron Maiden added Can I Play With Madness, Avengers doesn’t have any Insider exclusive modes (unless the Gem Mania topper mode is patched in).

I can’t remember any more if it’s in the game but yeah you’re probably right that I’m thinking of gem mania and I think competition mode does disable topper gems

So do you actually have to be logged in to play the Maiden & JP modes, or just have a kit installed & online? I might upgrade to get the modes, but don’t want to log in every time I play, just no interest in it.

1 Like

If your concern is the process of logging in, wait for “home team”, then you will be happy. If you don’t want to track all your play, that is a different story.

I don’t want to have to know what a “home team” is. I want to press the start button and play all the modes in a game I paid eight thousand dollars for.

Except in the case of JP and Maiden, these are not modes in the game you bought. You knew you were not getting them. Now they are extra modes added with your optional upgrade. If you were happy before SIC, you should still be happy now.

1 Like