Stern Godzilla general thread (not a rulesheet!)

0.81 was released today and has a stability/game reset fix “when hitting a Skill Shot or returning to the Mainplay background”. Fingers crossed this fixes the issues described in this thread.

1 Like

I had the skill shot not registering on a fair few games, completely separate to the reset, which happened midway through a good ball. (It was actually just after I chose Paris, and said “Who likes the French anyway?” - maybe it heard me)
I ‘think’ it was when I plunged too soon before the animations had started/finished - just too eager for my own good.

New Destruction jackpot rules look great, gotta say I will miss the current rules though. The tension of collecting a high value jackpot was superb. Nothing like waiting for the ball to drop for a 300M loop shot.

2 Likes

To be fair DJP was never intended to light just by playing a multiball but wanted to get it in the game for release. There will be other ways to increase DJP X value soon…

12 Likes

Frankly I much prefer these Destruction Jackpot rules (especially considering they were meant to act this way) over the multiball-heavy ones. I like that these encourage you to play the rest of the game out as well as possible for big scores rather than just focusing on multiball.

5 Likes

Played a few games on the new code and really enjoying it. Having progress in different cities and monsters locked to them is cool. Would love for megalon and jet hurryup timers to pause when the ball is held by magnet or scoop while videos play. Helpless feeling watching a good combo sequence or final fighter payoff blink away and no way to collect.

1 Like

Anyone else seeing locked balls “lost” by the game if your game ends with balls locked on LE? Pressing START in this state does an immediate ball search, which of course finds the balls. Loving the new code otherwise!

I think the Destruction JP default after an MB/major mode is great. I works well with the difficulty level it has and the uncertainty/expectation of the value.

I have refered to it as “the pity victory lap” when playing with local heads. I was actually expecting it comming out some major mode on a game last night. Might have been Rampage. I dont remember which exactly. Veeeery dissapointed. Not the latest code.

1 Like

Got our premium Friday, the game is amazing, the only thing underwhelming is the functionality of the insider connected. I know it’s in the early stages but I mean… weak launch with key features missing.

What are the key features that are missing?

A leaderboard with your friends and to be able to easily see their achievements and how you stack up with them. A way to see who shares games. A way to battle. It not being available as an app also is a downer. Im sure all of this is coming, I just wish a lot more was available to begin with.

1 Like

Yeah, all that would be great, especially switching to an app.

During Godzilla MB should a ball ever stop under the building, similar to how a ball will get trapped in ST, or is that an issue with my building sitting too low?

• Being able to delete or reset your achievements and scores.
  • See who’s following your progress

That shouldn’t happen as far as I understand. I’ve only played a Pro but based on the mechanism, there doesn’t appear to be any type of “catch” aspect to the mech.

This just happened to me. I hit the mystery shot which started super train but the ball ricocheted off the target and under the building. I had ball 3 lock lit prior to it. Unfortunately the building does not move up during the ball search. It eventually dropped the two balls I had up there. Maybe this can be added in a future code update.

City combos appear to partially in the game. I received one for 10 million (I think) by going loop to scoop. I may have had a center spinner in front of that. If I had to guess, he could be using them like EOTL in TRON by finishing a combo at the scoop. City may or may not have to be lit to collect.

Couple thoughts now that I have over 100 plays on the game.

First off, I love the flow and rules of the game, instant classic. These are all thoughts on how the screen is used.

Really wish the info displayed on the screen was clearer. The way that progress is displayed in games like AIQ and Maiden are really clear for example. Wish there was a way to see your progress on saucers. From what I can tell the color of the saucer indicates your status, but I’m just not seeing anywhere else to check your progress. Feel similarly about Jet fighter progress, just wish it was easier to glance up and tell how many you had collected.

1 Like

Agree with the display stuff. Would be good to hang in instant info at least. Also, sometimes things like shoot Tesla or mechagodzilla ready will be on screen and not going away so you can’t see the bits of info that are displayed on the city like progress on tanks or raid status

Would be nice to see how far away you are from defeating monster, tanks, tesla, etc. before deciding if you want to move cities - guess it will be important in later updates.

Really hope that there’s more variance in sound and video clips to come as well

Has anyone defeated megalon with a full “combo?” Curious what the value of the final shot is like.