Star Wars (Stern) Rulesheet

Welcome to Tilt forums! Wow. I only read the Death Star 1 recap, and already impressed. Thanks for doing such an in-depth analysis and sharing it.

If I read it correctly, let’s say I have 10x shot multiplier, and move it to each shot of DS1, and shoot each shot immediately, I get 20M (2Mx10) for shot 1, then 200M for shot 2 (20Mx10), then 250M for shot 3 (25Mx10, due to max 25M base value), and 250M for shot 4?

Correct. That’s how it works. While I’ve seen some variability here or there with the shot value on the main screen it very much works as described.

I remember a really early stream, might have even been the reveal with Dead Flip, where Dwight was explaining it, so it hasn’t changed since day 1 but it’s so rare to see a player really take advantage of the points potential in DS1.

1 Like

Can you explain the Escape from Boba Fet a bit more? I’ve noticed the white arrows, and understand that I need to get 4 lit to start the mode. I also see how hitting a white shot unlights it. What I haven’t been able to determine is how I get more white arrows lit. I thought I’d need to combo from one unlit shot to another, but maybe there are only select shots that qualify for that mode? I’ve probably been trying to combo a ramp to an orbit, but perhaps it requires comboing an orbit to the last ramp (with the EfBF shots being both ramps and both sides of the inner loop?).

The easiest combo in the game to remember and this is what I use late in the game to get into EfBF is right loop into either ramp. The RL lights both ramps as light blue and you have about 5 seconds or so to shoot one of the ramps to turn that shot white and if I have enough time left over I go for the other ramp as you are given a second or so grace period. I then shoot the white shots and if that wasn’t enough to enter EfBF I shoot the RL into ramps once again.

Ah, I’m understanding better now. For some reason I was under the impression that I needed to get four white arrows lit, and then shoot/clear them in order to start EfBF. After reading your post, I played a few games and recognized the Boba Fet sound effect whenever I collected a white arrow, and I made it into EfBF.

I didn’t get many points in the mode (16M?) but I’m guessing that was due to a low multiplier and not getting it moved to each shot.

1 Like

What must you shoot to become awards when you reach the multiball for the different characters ? How can you create jackpots for multiballs ?

Not really sure what you mean here: you mean the four different Mode Multiballs (Death Star, Tattooine, Endor, and Hoth)?

If so, see the PDF linked above by @Hoochoo. Each Mode Multiball is called mode #4. So see Death Star 4 for the Death Star MB. Stern STAR WARS club...May The Force Be With You | All clubs (...members only!) | Pinside.com

If you mean the Mode Multiballs, then there aren’t traditional “jackpots” along the way. But each mode multiball culminates in a big jackpot at the end of the shot sequence – which also immediately begins Victory Laps.

I’ve played this game a few times. Everything is lit. Some things are flashing, occasionally. Sometimes I get a multiball or two. 1B comes from out of nowhere. I have no idea what to shoot for really. I’ll play something else instead.

Maybe you should… read this handy rulesheet?

10 Likes

… perhaps. But there’s not much I like about the game, so far. And the only recent Star Wars movie I’ve seen was mediocre (~2.5 hours of my life I won’t get back), at best. So I’ll spend my time playing other games. e.g. Nip-It. If I can find it on location, that is. :pray:

You were previously complaining in generalities about not knowing how to play the game, which as @zacaj pointed out, makes no sense in a thread dedicated to the game’s in-depth rulesheet.
So now you’ve pivoted to bashing a pin based on its most recent movie?

If you want to discuss the game’s rules, scoring, modes, strategies, how to play it… you’ve come to the right spot. If you want to discuss the theme and its movies, please look elsewhere.

3 Likes

My point, ruleswise, is that it’s very nonintuitive and confusing, to me. It wasn’t very constructive though. :zipper_mouth_face: And, I don’t feel like it’s worth the time and effort learning the rules of this game. There are so many other games I don’t know how to play.

[offtopic] I guess I could be worth the time and effort if I was a Star Wars-fan?! To me the theme is very related to how I play and feel about a game. And in the end, the strategy sometimes (going for i.e. going for Barnyard Multiball for fun).

I would like to be able to discuss the games/themes even in general, but I understand that discussing the theme is offtopic and will stay away from that in the future.

Is pinside the best option to discuss themes etc. then?
[/offtopic]

Start up a thread to discuss theme / theme integration here on Tilt. Perfectly fine to do so.

Ok. I might do it in the future. :+1:

1 Like

I also found the game extremely confusing when playing on site.

However I was able to get a loan of the machine for a couple of weeks.
It only took a dozen or so games, in conjunction with this rule sheet, that the game became a lot clearer and fun to play.

IMHO theme and integration of theme in a game is vastly overrated.

3 Likes

Something was pointed out on the Pinmasters stream that I was unaware of. When playing the Leia strategy, they said that any skillshots such as “Light Tatooine” or “Light Death Star”, give you an immediate 20M points. Great to know if you only need that much or less to win the game.

Of course, it’s more lucrative to earn the planet by making the shots and then “Pass” on starting the mode.

1 Like

It seemed to make Bowen’s score jump by 50 mil… why??

Because Star Wars.

2 Likes

I didn’t view the stream but I’m guessing that it wasn’t the first planet that was unlocked. The more you unlock, the more points those plant unlocks are worth. You can’t always go by the temporary score shown on screen, it might flash 20mil but in reality it’s 50mil+ if it was the second planet or even more if it was the third planet unlocked. It also has to do with how many missions are unlocked within those planets. Unlocking Hoth with Leia (3 missions) is worth way more than if you unlocked Hoth with Han or Luke (1 mission).

1 Like

What Hoochoo said was pretty much correct.

At Pinmasters this year, if one picked Leia and finished Endor / Hoth ramps with the 2x multiplier after Ball 1, they were all but guaranteed a 3 by choosing Light Tatooine and Light Death Star for balls 2 and 3.

1 Like