SF City Champ - Tickets on Sale Sept. 22 at Noon Pacific

I just wanted to say thanks to all participants who came out to City Champ in chilly San Francisco. Congrats to Raymond who won in spectacular style on the last ball of the tournament.

From an organizer’s standpoint it went pretty well. We actually finished the finals ahead of schedule! Smaller glitches here and there, but overall I’m happy how things ran.

Travel safely and maybe we’ll see each other next year!

8 Likes

Such a great event!

Thank you for all the attention to detail and for all the volunteers who made it run so smoothly. I hope to make it back next year.

Can’t wait to go back and watch my first two balls of GOT when I have 30 seconds to kill!

4 Likes

Or that head-scratcher of a shot to the lock targets on ball 3 when you had just qualified Stark, and approx 75M to catch 3rd place. :confused:

I would have normally shot the center ramp on the fly, but that had been failing repeatedly. A post catch would have been the right move there, but I hoped to survive a light lock instead. Bad decision!

1 Like

Backhand left orbit on the fly to the pops and live catch on the right was another option. Oh well :slight_smile: I’m sure you could’ve found places in the baywatch game you’d like to take back too

My live catch on the right was what cost me the first two balls. Haha

2 Likes

New term: Dead Catch.
Failed live catch that leads directly to a drain.

4 Likes

Was the playfield on GOT activating on the first switch?

Great play by all the players in the finals. John’s game on Harlem was amazing, and Raymond’s come from behind wins on Baywatch and GOT were very exciting.

I was a little surprised that both Andrei and Raymond chose to play Tyrell in single ball play without lighting Lannister first. If you finish Tyrell and cash in the locks as you get them, the result is not being able to bring Lannister into Blackwater MB. Raymond managed to light Lannister because he had to restart Tyrell. Andrei ended up playing and finishing Lannister in single ball play. Great play from both of them.

The eminent photographer Gene X just sent me a batch of pictures from the weekend. They can bee seen here.