SCS brackets/streams/updates

He also won the main tournament at PinBaltimore, a fairly large weekend event we had in the summer. 2018 was definitely Elliott’s year.

Just to note your games line up was fantastic - great looking games and the transformers collection was so cool! And thanks to you and @timballs for streaming I picked up one thing from the epic Elwin/Zharpe maiden game that helped me the next day!

Here we go!

https://www.ifpapinball.com/2019-20-ifpa-north-american-championship-series-registration-is-open/

In the announcement it says:

Important to note that if you do not have a registered IFPA player account, you are INELIGIBLE to participate

But on the rules page it doesn’t explicitly say a player needs to be registered. It just suggests that the player may not be contacted if they aren’t registered.

It is the player’s responsibility to make sure they have an email address on file with the IFPA, or they run the risk of not being contacted for participation in any State Championships they are qualified for. Please fill out an IFPA profile to ensure we have a way to contact you. If you see a green check within your profile information on your IFPA profile page, it means we do have a registered email address on file for you.

So if I’m interpreting this correctly the deadline for participants to register on IFPA is up to the date of the state/provincial championship? Or is it before the deadline to accept the invite (January 7th, 2020)?

Reminder. OP is a wiki to post links to brackets and streams.

Our global policy on registered accounts trumps all other individual tournament rules:

" Players that choose to update their player profile grant IFPA the right to share their email address with select IFPA sponsors. The IFPA requires that we have your email address on file to be eligible to compete in the IFPA World Championship and the various IFPA Championship Series that are hosted.

If you want your email address removed from your profile please email us at ifpapinball@gmail.com to make that request. Please note that removing your email address from your profile will result in not being eligible for IFPA Championship events."

The deadline to register your profile coincides with the close of NACS registration on January 7th. When we do invites for the IFPA WC, Women’s World Championship, etc, then registration of those profiles will coincide with the close of those registration dates.

1 Like

Is there a historical way to see the cut line for each state/province in prior years?

1 Like

@pinwizj I’m sure this is your most pressing issue with all the year end stuff going on, but I was just wondering about the official prize pool for Nationals.

I did a quick sum on the totals per state/province, which came out to $96,777. The 20% cut of that to Nationals is $19,355. Quite a bit more than the example above. How will that shake out in the prize breakdown?

The totals on the state ranking stats pages already have the 20% that goes to nationals removed and the 5% that covers processing fees removed, so if you got $96,777 from the state rankings pages then you’d have to multiply by 20/75 to get the nationals prize pool of $25,807.20.

…but throw in the Canadian exchange rate and this will be slightly off maybe.

Haha yeah I saw this right after I summed that column and made the post. Good thing I’m not actually in charge of anything!

I’m through Iowa working out all the State payouts (things get rounded from what the site shows).

I then have to work out Canada, who submits CAD, but it displays as USD.

I’ll know soon because I have to get these checks mailed out to all the State Reps, preferably before I go away for INDISC.

2 Likes

how do you deal with an floating exchange rate and / or big changes in it over an year?

1 Like

We peg it at the average exchange rate over the course of the year.

you are updating faster than the IRS! :slight_smile:

With total disregard for state rounding and exchange rates, I messed around with the payout structure using $25,800 as the actual cash total to be paid. Pretty juicy, and nice guaranteed pay just for showing up. Probably enough to cover the flight for a lot of folks.

THIS MEANS NOTHING AND IS JUST SPECULATION!!
1st Place –> NIB Stern Pro Pinball Machine
2nd Place –> $3000 cash
3rd Place –> $2500 cash
4th Place –> $2000 cash
5th through 8th place –> $1000 cash each (total 4000)
9th through 16th place –> $500 cash each (total 4000)
17th through 50th place –> $300 cash each (total 10200)

1 Like

Saving this just in case it’s close . . .I’ll just go with it :slight_smile:

I hear it’s super important for me to get that Alberta prize pool figured out ASAP :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

i heard some people just don’t care about the money :smiley:

Factoid of the day:

8 out of 10 CA provinces will have an NACS championship.
49 out of 50 US states will have an NACS championship. (50 out of 51 when you count D.C.)

Well done, everybody.

1 Like

BUT … since the listing shows only paying out the top 50 places, a handful of people get zilch. I’d suggest expanding the “17th to 50th” to “17th and below” for $200 or whatever the minimum payout is, provided you do actually attend the Nationals.

1 Like