Sad news from ReplayFX

I’m actually surprised that both Rolling Stones sold @ $5100. I mean, I actually like the game but most folks, not so much.

1 Like

Hopefully a lot of the EM’s went to a good place. Lots of memories on that Hot Tip, Monaco, Aztec and Prospector to name a few :slight_smile:

Deffinitely one of my favorite classics cards to play ^

6 Likes

Just got home with Transporter The Rescue! :smiley:

can’t wait to set it up in the morning.

3 Likes

Still remember watching @pinwizj on Hot Tip during PAPA classics qualifying. He was getting pumped up and screaming YEEEEEAAAAAA or something to that effect after each spinner rip lol. Still grieving over the loss of replayfx and papahq :frowning_face: :sob: Wish I could have made it more of both… :frowning:

1 Like

Hey, one of those TRS is back on the list!

Was TX ever up for sale? If so what was the asking on it?

When the list went public, TX-Sector was already gone.

Ahh ok thanks!

Not sure if Pinburgh and the collection were salvageable, pre-COVID it was already losing hundreds of thousands each year and deeply in debt from what I have heard. Maybe a $700 ticket price for a Pinburgh event with no COVID restrictions could have saved it, but would 1,000 people pay that kind of entry fee?

according to its tax documents, that doesn’t appear to be true at least on the surface. it was eating some cash, but not monstrous amounts. the owner had just loaned it $400k a couple years prior, and the amount of money it was losing seemed to me more in the category of “worrying” than “apocalyptic”. I speculate that the real reason for its total sudden dissolution is probably some kind of personal / life reasons that i suppose are none of our business to some degree. The finance history alone doesn’t really fully seem to explain it. i could be totally wrong, though! like i said, pure speculation.

I have withhold from commenting and speculation. But I feel like dipping my toes in a little and say, that I do not believe the sad decision to stop is because of the ReplayFXes that has been (including the cancelled one), have been running at a loss. As much as it is the uncertainty of the events to come.

Even if the 2021 show that was planned was to be fully permitted to run in August, when do you know this for sure? Do people want to show up? In quantities besides Pinburgh enough to make numbers black? If not in 2021 then when. Plus they might be in a bit of a pinch with the convension center. Making it risky (more risky) to go along. Speculation again, I know.

It is really sad, that the motivation to upgrade to the ReplayFX show, was to give back to the pinball community. To give more players the oppertunity to participate in the great Pinburgh. And that this did not work out.

The impact of Covid was impossible to foresee and prepare for. But it is a fair guess that the 400 capasity with nightmare parking event at the warehouse would have stood a greater change for surviving this. We thank them for wanting to expand and improve the event. And are sad to see it close.

2 Likes

not sure I agree with that assessment of the tax documents.

Replay is a non-profit, there is no owner.

1 Like

We wouldn’t have made it this long if we stayed in that building and kept doing what we were doing.

5 Likes

Left spinner, left spinner, left spinner, and…left orbity thing?

2 Likes

Better than nudge flail nudge flail :smiley:

1 Like

hey folks,
got a message from the showclix that they were refunding the entries but the actual money hasn’t arrived yet? Has anyone in the US had the money back? Anyone outside the US had the money back?

Neil.

It’s inside the US as well. I was just texting friends about this- I haven’t seen any money back. The email said up to three business days, but even with holidays it’s been longer than that.

thanks for the reply. I guess give it until next week and see what happens.

I received the refund email on Dec 29 and the money hasn’t hit my account yet. I contacted Showclix yesterday and they told me to wait another week and let them know if I still don’t have it by then :man_shrugging:

2 Likes