Pirates of the Caribbean JJP Rulesheet (WIP)

Replying to my own post because I bought a JJP POTC standard edition this week and I’m loving it!

3 Likes

Congrats! I’ve been watching @kdeangelo blow this game up on live streams–looks fun and I hope to play it more and learn the rules someday.

1 Like

Uploaded one of my favorite pinball photos onto the game. What a cool feature!

3 Likes

Haha great pic. Trent’s tournament wardrobe is unmatched.

1 Like

Added some details to Skull values and Chapter Scoring.

2 Likes

I recently had my best two scores(both slightly over 5 million) using this character. " Spot Character Target Always Lit" is the main attribute but this is not important. The secondary attribute is “Shot Chapter Increase Value Doubled”. This is where the points are but is incorrect. The normal building up of Skull values remains the same. Moreover, collecting Skull values during chapters does not appear to be doubled. Where this character shines is Skull values are increased DURING chapter shots, at an extremely accelerated pace.
Blue 200 pts
Red 400 pts
Purple 400 pts.
Yellow 400 pts
Green 300-600 pts

So your Skull values increase dramatically with this character. Of course, you’ll need to get some Skull holds along the way to make this really valuable. I was able to get my Red skull value maxed at 10K and then had 6X playfield so it was awesome shooting Maelstrom ramps for 60K a shot.

One last thing I discovered. I THINK once you get a Skull value up to max 10K, it will carry over to the next ball whether you have a Skull hold or not. At least it appeared that way.

This is all on V.99.

2 Likes

Yes, Henry Turner.

BTW the skull value increases that happen DURING a chapter are based on the shot hit, not on a color. Generally speaking, the “harder” a shot is to make the bigger the skull value increase. It behooves you to try and shoot the outside shots first so the inner shots are way more valuable.

Skull values only hold when they say they are held. (Except one character, I think Angelica, always gives 1 free hold if you drain as her.) It’s very possible to lose your maxed-out Skull. By default, though, the game does its best to try and hold your most valuable skull first (unless you’re in a chapter, then it prefers the chapter you’re in).

A Tia Dalma shot adds the most during a chapter, 750, so if you’re Henry, she’ll add 1500.

3 Likes

Thanks Keefer! I was wondering why the Green shots I tried varied from 300 to 600.

I did some glass off testing and added some details to Wizard modes 3, 4 and 5.

2 Likes

is there a secret 23rd character?

1 Like