Pinburgh WPPRs?

I believe Germain Mariole also is nowhere to be found on the pinburgh results :open_mouth:

Any luck on getting me on the results for pinburgh?

Have you mailed Josh directly? ifpapinball@gmail.com

Would probably be good idea to include your full name, plus any details you remember from the match ups you played, such as a competitor name from round X, or the specific bank you played in that round, or so on…

1 Like

Emailing me directly isn’t going to do anything. The PAPA boys have to resubmit the results with the corrections.

I can fix naming errors on my side, but inserting a new player manually is a big pain in the ass. I have to then adjust the finishing position of every player below the inserted player manually (no thanks) :slight_smile:

Ahh. I had assumed it was a misnamed player that needed finding and correcting (as was the case for me).

Yes, I can imagine it being more difficult if players are actually completely missing. How did that happen I wonder!?

I have informed the proper personnel on this and was hoping it could be fixed very easily but in the dark on where it stands at this point .

Maybe not being recognized in results could turn into a free pass into next years tourney , ha but maybe by next July I might be a part of the results. Do not know the hang up.

There were a few different errors in the results that were submitted, and we’re making sure to contact each of them before resubmitting, so we don’t have to do it again. You have not been forgotten. It will be fixed, and the process next year will be corrected so this doesn’t happen again.

Just give us a little more time, and it will get straightened out.

3 Likes

Thanks for reply ,

First milestone would I be counted as playing in 2015 Pinburgh before I register for 2016 Pinburgh, answer is no.
http://www.ifpapinball.com/view_tournament.php?t=11102#results

First time I’ve muted a topic! Thanks for the functionality, @heyrocker!

1 Like

Another interesting tidbit from this pic is that Scott Kutheis lost tiebreaker in first round of B finals but as you see he is above Jeremy Hakes who I lost with in second round of B finals. How can a person be ranked higher in final results but lost in first round while a second round participant is ranked higher at #188

Quoting from the ReplayFX director.

1 Like

If I can make one suggestion to the directors – canocalization of your player entries. By this I mean having a common identifier for players in Pinburgh and the IFPA database. After playing around with the pinburgh data on some pet projects, I quickly realized that players often type a different name/spelling when registering for Pinburgh than what is used in the IFPA database. I can only imagine the nightmare this was to resolve, and the fact that there were errors is not surprising. You’d save yourselves a lot of hassle if you require that players enter their ifpa number when registering.

1 Like

No. I am failing to see how an error in standings that results in a difference of .19 points is interesting. What significant effect could this have on anyone’s life?

Results should be accurate and correct. From 1 to 40 or 180-625. I have been trying to get my name just added to the results since September and we are going into mid December and nothing.

“a little more time” is subjective, that can be hours, days, weeks, months or even years…

I assume there is a txt/excel file that gets copied and pasted to the IFPA results page for Pinburgh. If that is the case why can’t triadwatch be added and the results resubmitted. As new errors are found the results can be submitted. Is there a maximum amount of resubmissions that can be posted for an event? if the answer is no, this is what i would do.

I just think all participants should be treated fairly and have their results posted to IFPA and have points awarded as quickly as possible. This is simply not the case here…

1 Like

There is no conspiracy to delete anyone from IFPA’s rankings. You will get WPPR points, and the correct amount, when the issue is corrected. We are fully capable of using Excel and adding names, so perhaps the issue isn’t that simple on our end? There was a problem, and it is being tracked down and fixed… not patched over as quickly as possible to satisfy a message board. Please have some patience and allow us to work through our own internal process at our own speed.

13 Likes