Pinburgh: see something say something

Evel Knievel. The rubber on the upper pop should wrap the upper post to prevent stuck balls. The lower post on the lane guide should have its own post rubber.

The game can’t compensate for disable X? I would think it would be the other way if X is broken in some cases you need to set X to disabled to get compensation.

@ethanatx Gay 90’s has a right outlane ball return gate which may or may not have contributed to the 2 players DQing themselves.

1 Like

I used the flag lights to point out something after the round was done that I assume wouldn’t’ve been fixed during the round (bumpers and slings went out on High Speed). Just make them aware and they can decide what they want to do with it/how important of a problem it is.

2 Likes

That was disabled during the event due to it not being able to function properly on its own. No one made us aware the software wasn’t able to compensate for its own software setting to disable it.

Hi Taylor. I’m here. Elaborate here or PM me and I’ll have it looked at.

For the WPT situation, was this affecting one player or all players? This is a great question and I’ll add this to the list of things to address; I’m not sure our fleet of TDs would be able to initially answer this question the same way if I were to ask all of them at the same time.

Star Wars: At first, this reads as a “play on” situation. No compensation can really be offered because there’s nothing that has happened with the machine that has directly caused the loss of a players turn. There was some similar confusion in C Finals on WPT (ha!) as we disabled the ramp posts. In doing so, there was a lag between the poker hand animations on the playfield and DMD, and caused some confusion, but players were still able to progress normally. I’d find it hard to believe that Star Wars wasn’t play tested to make sure there weren’t issues with that shot specifically after disabling those posts, especially since its crucial to stating modes. I will follow up on this as well and get back with you.

Wpt progress stop is a very specific bug that occurs as a result of hand generation in tournament mode. It’s relatively rare but ironically it came up when my group was playing it this year and it also came up when I was commentating Louisville last year. Unfortunately, obviously, there’s nothing I can do about it now.

The star wars thing is a really edge case that I can totally believe was missed by everyone.

2 Likes

Someone mentioned that this bug was already called out and ruled as “play on” in the existing PAPA/Pinburgh rule as it seemed to have happened in the past albeit it is a rare occurrence.

If the bug only occurs when tournament mode is enabled, what are the worst aspects of non-tournament mode on this game? I assume hands are more randomized between players… what else is affected? Just wondering which is the lesser of two evils…

Hands are completely random, as are mystery awards (though certain ones will follow the same rules if it makes sense, like add-a-ball or add time).