PINBURGH PINBURGH PINBURGH! HOLY!!!!!1111oneonetwo

So Westin is back in play for Replayfx , they have been absent the past few years. Good to see, but did like the Omni this past year

Aww, I liked Druryā€™s breakfast buffet.

5 Likes

Buyer beware with the Westin - we had a very bad experience there (see thread).

1 Like

@PAPA_Doug just a note when you click the menu on the mobile site the top of it still shows the dates for 2019

Cheers
Neil.

Thanks for the heads up on that!

Not as bad as @neilmcrae experience, but I also would not recommend the Westin. We got put in a room that felt like a swamp a few years ago; they refused to do anything til day 3 when we showed them the walls were literally sweating. Got a dehumidifier and a nightā€™s credit but that didnā€™t help the fact I got 3 hours sleep prior to qualifying and played badly as a result.

1 Like

Iā€™m trying to book a room at the Westin for Wed-Sun and it says ā€œking or doubleā€, but doesnā€™t allow me to choose which one. Need two beds, so Iā€™m holding off until I get better clarification.

1 Like

I had a similar conversation when I called the Westin (Marriott) reservations phone line, after making my reservation online via the ReplayFX block rate. They would not commit to guaranteeing me a room with the two doubles, which was very frustrating. The CSR I spoke with was surprised he couldnā€™t specify it either, and after some digging, said it had to do with the constraint/conditions of booking through the block (ReplayFX) room rate. All he could do was ā€œmake a noteā€ on my reservation that I preferred/needed the two doubles.

@PAPA_Doug Can you please look into this, and get Westin/Marriott to allow us to specify the exact room type? Iā€™m certain there are many more besides @jdelz and me that have the issue of needing two doubles, and a single king bed isnā€™t going to cut it. Thanks again for all you and the Replay team do to coordinate all the things.

As a side note, I also found it interesting that the room block rate would not allow me to put in 4 guests (2 adults and 2 kids) into my reservation, but it would allows me to specify 3 guests (2 adults and 1 kid).

2 Likes

I have never seen any hotel ever count how many people were with me. I always just choose 1.

1 Like

We ran into this with pincinnati too. Very frustrating. We had to make sure they put in our contract to allow everyone to choose either two doubles or a king. I assumed that was the case before and it was not.

Any chance a Drury block will come available later as well @PAPA_Doug ? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I will forward this information to the correct people. Seems odd to me.

Iā€™m not 100% sure on this one. Iā€™ll see what I can dig up.

Iā€™m relatively certain this ā€œno promisesā€ thing on the number of beds has happened before in the past.

saw the same, if they canā€™t confirm then i will cancel and book somewhere, canā€™t take the change to end up sharing a bed instead of each having our ownā€¦

1 Like

The contract with the Westin will not allow you to choose your room. The contract with the Omni will allow it.

There will not be an official ReplayFX block at the Drury.

So I just went to cancel my reservation at the Westin due to not being able to choose your room.

When I explained why I was cancelling, they allowed me to choose the type of room . . . in which I replied definitely TWO BEDS. I love Zach, but not that much.

So now Iā€™m faced with hoping that this is ACTUALLY guaranteed and keeping the reservation, or just not trusting the Westin and cancelling it anyway.

Anyone else able to secure type of room through the ReplayFX block?

1 Like

no, nothing but ā€œwe have added it to your reservation informationā€.

Personally I will call a week or two before to make actually sure with the hotel themselves. I love Raymond, but not that much :smiley:

I ended up canceling and got a room at the Omni over the beds. I wish the Drury had a block.

3 Likes

I booked at the Drury anyway. Itā€™s not that much more than the block rates, if youā€™re a rewards member or have AAA/CAA.

2 Likes