PINBURGH PINBURGH PINBURGH! HOLY!!!!!1111oneonetwo

2-the-adams-family-1-638%20(1)

I always hope for a longer stream, but its always been A finals only for Pinburgh on Saturday. Sometimes only the last few rounds. Finals of Intergalactic and WIPT are on Sunday.

1 Like

PAPA TV sometimes subscribes to the ā€œless is moreā€ credo but I do think more is more. If they stream all rounds of finals, plenty of people will watch.

4 Likes

I would watch all day long. Last year was incredible.

Itā€™s exhausting for the broadcasters.

3 Likes

I can dig that! Itā€™s a lot of work rocking the mic for sure.

But there are probably 2 dozen people who would happily pull shifts on the broadcast.

Iā€™ll be watching live, just thinking about those poor folks at home.

3 Likes

The question about a broadcasting schedule still hasnā€™t been answered. I assume a little bit before 5pm Saturday when A semis begins?

I assume it will be on both PAPA YT and Twitch channel simultaneously?

1 Like

I was waiting to hear on the answer. Broadcast will start with quarterfinals around 2, and be on both YouTube and twitch.

14 Likes

Finding people who want to talk tends to be the easy part. Finding people who can produce, wun the software, operate cameras, run graphics and statsā€¦ that can be harder.

Also, those folks have to give up playing in Pinburgh because they also do the setup and prep for the broadcast.

10 Likes

Technical question about bank assignments. Is there anything in the software that prevents you from playing the same game that is in a different bank?

I just woke up in a cold sweat thinking about the possibility of getting El Toro twice during qualifying.

7 Likes

I would guess that it doesnā€™t prevent that. However, there are some duplicates in the backup games. I played High Speed twice one year because of this. I believe one had lightning flippers and the other did not!

No. The software stops you from playing the same bank, but not the same title in different banks.

1 Like

Truth. If I donā€™t make finals, I would happily do this to help spread the load and get more content out there.

Random Pittsburgh info - Saturday night thereā€™s a Pirates game with fireworks afterward. We have good fireworks. I think you should be able to see parts of it from the convention center balconies but if you want to get out, a short walk down the riverside would give you a better view. Not sure about timing, but some of our local players follow baseball or thereā€™s the interwebs.

6 Likes

Whatā€™s the best way to get in touch with one of the organizers? Our flight out of Boston was canceled and not rebooked till 6am tomorrow.

Director@replayfx.org

I think is best person to emailā€¦

1 Like

Anyone have a link to live scoring?

www.pinburgh.com

1 Like

Thank you!
(of course it would be that easy)

Itā€™s asking for a login. Did anyone receive that information or is it likely just locked down until the rounds start?

4 Likes