PINBURGH PINBURGH PINBURGH! HOLY!!!!!1111oneonetwo

In other words, all of these are the newer of the two options. :slight_smile:

Zac games plastics are very fragile alsoā€¦

Of the 996 names on the current Pinburgh player list (as of July 20th), there are 404 different first names (257 of which are unique). The most common names are:

1. David (25)
  2. Mike (24)
  3. Michael (19)
  4. Brian (18)
  5. John (17), Chris (17)
  6. Mark (16)
  7. Eric (15), Jason (15)
  8. Nick (14), Matt (14)
  9. Jeff (13)
  10. Ryan (12)
  11. Steve (11), Dave (11), Dan (11), Andrew(11)
  12. Adam (10), Scott (10), Rob (10), Tim (10)

After Pinburgh is over, I will report back here which of the popular names above ends up with the highest average qualifying position.

#LetsGoAdams!

18 Likes

But how many Eriks?!? Please donā€™t tell me weā€™re lumped in with those Eric weirdos.

9 Likes

The player list is alphabetical by first name, so this would be a very simple thing to look up, Erik, but since Iā€™m already adding to the clutter of this ever-so-important thread, Iā€™ll save you the clicks and tell you there are 3 "Erik"s.

#NoNameLumpingHere

3 Likes

This is the kind of analysis I come here for.

6 Likes

Proud to be the best and worst placing Duncan no matter where I finish.

3 Likes

I think the Chrisā€™s have a chance, with Basler, Tabaka, Warren, Compton, Frame, Nosiglia, etc. But can we please add Cryss to our team?:smile:

1 Like

Unfortunately, I donā€™t think Basler will be attending. Still plenty of good Chris options though.

1 Like

With apologies to those who donā€™t identify with the other weirdos who misspell their name: in case anyone was wondering what this looks like when you lump names, youā€™ll find that over 10% of Pinburgh is composed of Michael/Mike, David/Dave, and Brian/Bryans. If you forget the name of someone you just met, Mike or Dave is a decent guess.

Top 10 lumped names represent around a quarter of total players.

Name Player Count
Michael/Mike 42
David/Dave 37
Brian/Bryan 23
Matt/Matthew/Mat 23
Chris/Christopher/Cryss 23
John/Johnny/Jon 21
Steve/Steven/Stephen 20
Daniel/Dan 18
Eric/Erik/Erich 18
Jeff/Jeffrey 17

@Adam psyched for your post-Pinburgh name analysis

10 Likes

Remind me where the live standings will be posted for those at home that want to follow along.

pinburgh.com usually works.

Ahh yes! Thanks.

This is more exciting than Fantasy Pinburgh! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Very interesting and useful information for people like me who chronically forget peopleā€™s names! (Sorry in advance again this yearā€¦ :wink: )

Itā€™s already on pinballspinner, but hereā€™s the link to my strategy doc if anyone wants to download it prior to Pinburgh: https://docs.google.com/document/d/16ia86-J_EjJqfoKmzkboE_VnaChZ0BhDr34tzLA8XsM/

1 Like

I will take my name and not take the field, always fun to be on top of player 1 KEITH

Adams rule!

You need a bigger boat!

Any word on the Stream and what channel it will be on (Twitch, Youtube Live)? And when are they streaming?