PINBURGH PINBURGH PINBURGH! HOLY!!!!!1111oneonetwo

Hey, super curious who is making the decisions on these rule changes and what that process is like. Would be great to get some insight.

Then you have to make each game count when you do play them! :grin:

I donā€™t think itā€™s farfetched to say that in a place with hundreds of machinesā€¦ you may not have played one of the 20-50 games that did make it to finals. (I donā€™t actually know how many games get picked for finals.) It sucks when you know an opponent has had a chance to play a game that you havenā€™t. Butā€¦ thatā€™s a part of luck just as much as a bad bounce, imo.

Iā€™m quite certain Karl knows the importance of making finals games count when he plays them.

I appreciate your chiming in on the subject with your opinion, but Iā€™m curious: How many Pinburghs have you participated in? How many finals?

Ack, I hope what I said didnā€™t come off as pretentious or anything. I know Karl knows what heā€™s doing, that was supposed to be a royal you, not directly implying he wouldnā€™t try his hardest when the time comes.

To answer your questions - This will be my first this year. So, Iā€™ve got a blank slate concerning expectations andā€¦maybe thatā€™s why I am looking at it in a more ā€œthatā€™s just the way itā€™s gonna be,ā€ kinda way. I have no idea where Iā€™m going to end up, whether or not a tiebreaker match instead of by win/loss wouldā€™ve helped me or any of that.

I do know that even a good thing can be improved upon, and TDs often do try to do just that. Maybe it works, maybe it could be better. Thereā€™s lots of maybes until it comes time to it. I like to have faith that all changes are made to make the experience as enjoyable for everyone involved as possible though.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s a fine position for you. Also understand that there are thousands of dollars on the line for the top finishers and their questions and concerns are probably different than yours and likely at least equally valid. Unless youā€™re an experienced competitor at the top level of pinball you probably donā€™t know what you donā€™t know. Hopefully the discussion will teach us all something.

Holy crap, Iā€™ve never been this close to getting into Pinburgh. Last year I got as close as 27 on the waitlist.

Now Iā€™m in the single digits. Though the player list is currently full, Iā€™m super excited about this.

Keep it moving!

4 Likes

We are only 30 days away. Its time to ask to the important questions.

What is the best portable folding chair I can bring to Pinbugh?

2 Likes

https://www.farmshow.com/a_article.php?aid=18066

4 Likes

Here is the intergalactic bank that was announced last night on the PAPA minburgh stream.

Wizard
Radical
Paragon
Old Chicago
Mars God of War
Knockout
Bally KISS
High Speed
Dracula
Grand Prix
The Getaway
Creature from the Black Lagoon
Catacomb
Attack from Mars
The Addams Family
Four Million B.C.

7 Likes

This one is best for LotR and the Hobbit.

6 Likes

Did you use this when you took down my LOTR GC last night?

1 Like

I totally needed this and am going to have one at pinburgh, but not sure I can handle the weight of carrying a Chillbo Baggins.

See to me chillbo baggins is more like that bag you have in the trunk that you use to bring home ice cream from the store.

I must bring the Chillbo to Pittsburgh butā€¦I do not want to pay.

2 Likes

Will there be an option to check in on the Wednesday as there has been in the past?

2 Likes

Also announced that Intergalactic qualifying will overlap with Friday afternoon/evening Pinburgh rounds?? Interesting.

quick game if you finish your round early? :slight_smile:

Intergalactic is open 3-6pm and 10-midnight Friday. Itā€™s open only to scorekeepers/volunteers not playing in Pinburgh from 6-8pm and closed from 8-10pm Friday. The intent is to give players a chance to get some entries in between rounds 8 and 9 (during the dinner break) and after round 10 on Friday.

1 Like

I didnā€™t make it last year. Has the intergalactic switched to using virtual queuing yet?

Yes.

1 Like