PINBURGH PINBURGH PINBURGH! HOLY!!!!!1111oneonetwo

Boooooooom! Let’s do this thang!

1 Like

That means you’re in @G_Money? :smile:

1 Like

I’ve had a couple of friends say that they saw that pinburgh is going to 5 divisions this year but I only see mention of 4 on the website. Anyone know anything about how many divisions there will be and what the cutoffs and prize pools are?

Yes, five divisions. No other announcement has been made.

1 Like

Finals are on Saturday like usual right? Asking for a friend.

No changes to schedule.

1 Like

Saturday’s schedule might change slightly, But all Pinburgh finals will be completed on Saturday.

2 Likes

It will be interesting to see if Westin will get a good occupancy rate at a plus $300 per night compared to last year with taxes being around $160 per night. After Omni being sold out I see plenty scrambling for places to stay at a reasonable rate or will see more travel from outskirts to get a room.

And the over-under for how many Pinburghers stay at the Westin that aren’t treating it as a business expense is … ?

How much does reporting stay as business expense actually save a person? Curious.

Nothing unless they do it all the time… or claim your hobby as some business.

Your unreimbursed business expenses as an employee need to exceed 2% of your AGI to even be considered.

It only really comes into play if you start playing games with self-employment, hobby businesses, etc.

It’s more related to this conversation really in terms of gambling gains vs expenses.

wonder if i can count it as a business expense now…

2 Likes

2% is all? Consulting my accountant.
Thanks.

The shorthand way to think about it is that you’d get an X% discount on whatever you’re spending, where X is your tax rate.

It still is cheaper to stay in a cheaper room though. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

lol i’m sure you can, but it likely wouldn’t help you at all unless you’re itemizing deductions.

Can we move Thursday a couple hours earlier to enable us to go see Radiohead afterwards?

5 Likes

May I also be excused to go see Radiohead?

4 Likes

Radiohead are only playing at that time because they couldn’t get Pinburgh tickets.

21 Likes

Wednesday night would have worked out nicely, but I bought tickets for Detroit instead.

I’m open to bribes. Cash only.