PINBURGH PINBURGH PINBURGH! HOLY!!!!!1111oneonetwo

Do you know if you need to pre-register for this or if it will be an open event?

The Pre-Pinburgh event is an open event.

2 Likes

Thanks Doug! Canā€™t wait.

1 Like

Getting hyped by watching one of the best ball 3s by all four players on a finals game that I can recall. The amount of crazy saves, bounces, and skill moves involved in ball three of this game is just astounding!
ā€œNot like thisā€¦Not like thatā€

6 Likes

Best/most stressful game Iā€™ve ever seen. This was Pinburgh at its peak for me ā€” watched this with my mouth hanging open and my head in my hands the entire time.

I would like to take this time to thank the kind people at ReplayFX for the fact that ā€œIntergalacticā€ will be running through my head for the next month, reminding me of my frosh week.

Please join me in this constant trip down memory lane.

4 Likes

Jazz and AWOL, thatā€™s our team.

3 Likes

Step into a party disrupt the whole scene!

http://papa.org/competitions/pinburgh-match-play-championship/pinburgh-rules/

I didnā€™t see any updates anywhere, but it looks like the pinburgh rule updates have been posted.

1 Like

Circuit points are no longer an A division restriction.

1 Like

When all four (or six) games have been completed by a group

How can a group play 6 games?

1 Like

I think groups of 3 used to play six games with 2/1/0 scoring to avoid half points. That has since been changed to a standard bank of four games with 3/1.5/0 scoring. Maybe this is just a relic of the old rules that didnā€™t get cleaned up?

I could be completely wrong on this. Iā€™m sure @bkerins can clarify.

Didnā€™t know about that, thanks. I played in a 2-player group for round 1 of Pinburgh 2015. Would have been fun to play 12 games :smiley:

Holdover language from years past I think. 3-player groups used to play 4 games, then the first 2 in the next group or something like that. It does state that records are still multiplied by 1.5, so doesnā€™t look like theyā€™re going back to 6 games (which would be even harder now anyway given how saturated banks are).

Yes, thatā€™s correct, all groups should be 4 games now. Unfortunately the 2-player group resulted from no-shows, but thankfully we had rules to deal with it. Iā€™m hopeful for far fewer no-shows this year. Iā€™ll look into getting the rule changed. If you see anything else wonky, let me know and thanks!

In other news, there is still time to cancel Pinburgh tickets for a partial refund, for someone who is sure they cannot attend.

2 Likes

Bowen: skimming through the link last night, I noticed that the Group Assignment examples used 700 players as the basis. I think this is still fine for showing the reader how the tiering structure works. Iā€™d simply edit the language at the end of the examples to say that: ā€œIn the case of less than or more than 700 playersā€¦ā€ Bold/Italics is inserted text.

@bkerins is there dates for 2018 yet? My sister is considering a wedding date nearish what could be Pinburgh2018 so I am trying to see if it will conflict and convince her to change itā€¦

11 Likes

The balls on this guy.

16 Likes

just tell her she canā€™t get married between early July to late Augustā€¦ Easy! :slight_smile:

Any idea on the dates for 2020? I am gonna crash a wedding but donā€™t want to miss Pinburgh.

6 Likes