PINBURGH PINBURGH PINBURGH! HOLY!!!!!1111oneonetwo

I didn’t realize they had two High Hands. When I saw it in the IPC lineup I figured that meant it wouldn’t make the stage for Pinburgh finals. What a relief!

… It was actually Meteor all along.

Fun fact: we have infinite High Hands.

22 Likes

Did someone leave the portal to the High Hand dimension open while writing the sheet? I heard it causes strange anomalies to nearby non-EM technology when opened.

2 Likes

I’d like to propose a rule that for every High Hand added, an El Toro must be subtracted.

9 Likes

Hello, I’m making a quick announcement in the Main Pinburgh thread that PinballSpinner has been updated with 2019 Bank Links: PinballSpinner Pinburgh 2019 Bank Links - Sponsored by Dead Flip

10 Likes

Welcome to Pinburgh, 3019!

1 Like

What is the etiquette if someone is about to play out of turn?
Also, if someone has a ball save and walks away?

From what I have read it is a form of coaching and can get you disqualified, so you have to act like a douche and let the player drain is he/she doesn’t catch it. Pretty sad since Pinburgh has a bunch of amateur players in it. I would never call someone on this but if someone in your group calls you on it buyer beware.

Are you sure? I’ve only heard this mentioned in regards to calling ball save.

I would not disqualify someone who shouted ‘ball save’, or pointed out a player who was going to play out of turn.

24 Likes

The voice of reason, good call!!!

I’d also like to propose that anyone playing Rollergames who does not chant “ROLL-ER-GAMES” when starting multiball automatically gets a 0.

13 Likes

Not yelling MIILLLIIIOOONNN with Class of 1812 will get a 0 in my book. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Letting another player play out of turn can hurt you if you are not the player whose ball is being played because that player gets to keep those points and gets a bonus ball.

3 Likes

Thanks - I guess what I’m still not understanding is how many games ‘count’? Is it all of them? So the seeding/qualifying is based on your aggregate 10-game score (understanding the 1st place = 100pts, 2nd = 99, etc.?

And if so, since there are more than 10 games to choose from, choosing which games you want to count is pretty important. Any by the above logic, playing any game more than once is disadvantageous.

Hi @PAPA_Doug and @chesh ,

There are a few ambiguous names on the list. Could you clarify these, please?..

Bank 02 - Time Machine: Zaccaria 1983 or Data East 1988?
Bank 09 - Lady Luck: Recel 1976 or Williams 1968?
Bank 31 - Space Shuttle: Zaccaria 1980 or Williams 1984?
Bank 52 - Star Pool: Williams 1954 or Williams 1974?
Bank 69 - Band Wagon: Bally 1965 or Williams 1955?
Banks 47 & 85 - El Toro: Bally 1972 or Williams 1963?

Also, the game “El Dorado” is listed in the SS category. Is this in fact El Dorado [Gottlieb 1975 EM], or is it El Dorado City of Gold [Premier 1985 SS]?

Thanks!

4 games count towards your point total.
Point structure is 200-190-185-184…

2 Likes

Denied. We also have 14 El Toro’s.

Most of you should have gotten an email a bit ago about with the subject “Pinburgh 2019 - What You Need To Know.” In case you didn’t and you’re interested, you can read it here:

https://mailchi.mp/5a9a93769759/pinburgh-2019-what-you-need-to-know

8 Likes

One of the Pinburgh A-Finals banks confirmed to be three Meteors and an Aerosmith with the songs swapped out with the soundtrack of Armageddon.

4 Likes