Pinburgh 2018 sob stories

It really isn’t a problem warranting any serious thought, just one of those “if I could have it all” things. I personally had more issues with groups huddling over machines writing down scores while I was playing next to them.

I did actually talk about this with some group members during one round as the topic came up, and the suggestion made was to close off the front even more (make a chokepoint) and use the souvenir badges as a pass to get into the tournament area. That would require someone to staff the chokepoint though, and it deters spectators, so not entirely viable.

1 Like

My math may be out of whack because I don’t math much. But my point is, the problem will probably only get worse.

2 Likes

I suggested armed guards at the front but a chokepoint sounds way more brutal and entertaining.

1 Like

Are you volunteering to fill this role? :slight_smile:

16k unique visitors over four days sounds actually quite low to me. You of course won’t see all 16k people in the event at any one time though.

I help organise the pinball side of an event very similar to Replay FX in the UK, and over two days we get much more visitors than that (double actually)

1 Like

World champ of pinball fashion checking in. No I was not in finals I was the hype man for a good friend in the tournament. Before the round started I asked if it was ok for me to be there. I did my best to stay out of the way and be respectful. If anyone asked me to leave I would of gladly left no problem. My intention was for pure morale support not for anything else.

13 Likes

I think it’s great to have moral support on stage and never even thought to ask Doug if that was cool.

Next year count me in!

5 Likes

@pinwizj Thanks I’m glad to hear that! I’m all for moral support. Sometimes you need that refocus to shake a state of mind. If it was crowded I would have never asked. I want everyone to play at the highest competitive level. Why else would I dress so nice?

10 Likes

If I’d have known you were going to keep going back to the stage I could have come up with an elaborate trap to zoinks that coat off of you.

4 Likes

Oh I’ll be back on that stage competing for the title. I’m never hard to find, I’m always at the top. :wink:

2 Likes