Pinburgh 2017 Streaming?

Anyone know what days / times to expect streaming and where to watch?

2 Likes

Was looking for a stream tonight and came up empty, schedule would be great.

A finals only pretty sure. That will be Saturday.

Bummer.

Last year it was semis and final round only.

Yeah. I was kind of hoping that they would stream qualifying too. I played in a bank that is on the stage. Would’ve liked it to have been streamed. Oh well. Guess I’ll have to get up there when it matters. Haha. I’m sure it’s a huge undertaking to stream a lot more, but hopefully they get the resources they need to stream more in coming years.

1 Like

I’m surprised that, over the past few years as pinball streaming has really taken off, papa seems to stream less. Were they interested, would non-papa streamers be allowed to stream from pinburgh?

1 Like

It doesn’t surprise me. Pinburgh and PAPA are massive events. They need all hands on deck while the events are running. They can’t spare people to commentate or adjust equipment. Streaming video with no commentary isn’t going to get a lot of viewers, including me.

Waiting until the playoffs gets you a much bigger audience. It also thins out the field, allowing folks that didn’t qualify to be recruited as commentators. Streaming some of the playoffs and the finals is about right for me. I still don’t watch every minute of coverage, but that’s what I want to watch the most. I honestly can’t watch competive pinball for more than an hour or so without playing a few games myself. I suspect others are the same way.

2 Likes

Yeah I agree with this. What I would like to see (again, resources permitting), separate streams for all finals with commentators. Wishful thinking, but that would be great.

1 Like

I’ve petitioned Jack Danger to stream bonus coverage since he showed up too late to compete or something

Well, it’s Saturday, where are the Streams? Nothing on Twitch or YouTube.

1 Like

They’re not even updating the groups on the website. Must be having some problems.

1 Like

Let no one say there wasn’t streaming

1 Like

Are you sure you’re looking in the right place? This seems to be updating here

https://results.papa.org/#/pinburgh_2017/app/finals_results/division_final/division_final_id/4/round/3

Where will it be announced where and when streaming will begin?

1 Like

Bowen just said 5pm start for streaming. Scores should be more up to date now because some folks volunteered to help with data entry.

1 Like

Im in norway… how long til us 5pm? :blush:

One hour. I think. I’m bad at math.

Twitch papatv?

Probably their Youtube channel.