pinballvideos.com

You mean local recording on the cameras memory card? I would find that surprising?

I assumed they only recorded the feed being broadcasted straight onto the HDD computer?

@umbilico is your server down or having dns trouble? I havenā€™t been able to load the site for many weeks :frowning:

1 Like

Thanks, I wasnā€™t aware of any issues, it has been working alright for me. Are you having trouble reaching the server at all, or is it just the front end thatā€™s not working for you (i.e. can you access API URLs like http://pinballvideos.com/api/machines)?

Is anyone else here having any trouble reaching the website? @Brian also told me heā€™s been having a tough time reaching the site, and Iā€™d like to get to the bottom of this.

Never had an issue here. Usually check in once or twice a week and used it extensively in the week just prior to Pinburgh. pingdom not showing any dns issues either: http://dnscheck.pingdom.com/?domain=pinballvideos.com

1 Like

I could reach that API URL just now and then I tried the main domain and it loaded for the first time in a while. Computers are terrible, donā€™t listen to me, who knows whatā€™s going on.

EDIT: No, something is definitely wrong. Page loads some times but not others. Itā€™s stuck at the ā€œwaiting for pinballvideos.comā€¦ā€ state in chrome. Feels like the server is refusing to respond

1 Like

works fine for me on chrome

1 Like

I see the same thing. Chrome just spins and spins saying ā€œwaiting for pinballvideos.comā€. Some days the page loads really quickly and sometimes it never loads at all. This is also not browser specific. I see the problem on Firefox and Safari as well. Whatā€™s weird is doing a ping works every time and it resolves the DNS. So Iā€™m not sure where the problem is.

EDIT: @haugstrup and I have similar situations in that we both live and work in San Francisco (so maybe the problem has to do with that?)

1 Like

Iā€™ve submitted a few videos a few times and havenā€™t had any luck getting them listed. Maybe they arenā€™t what you are looking for. Just sent them again, but worth posting hereā€¦

GREAT WOZ Tourney video

WOZ Tourney

Swords of Fury Game Play Videos
Swords of Fury 2k

SOF 4k

1 Like

Hmmā€¦ links are in my post but then donā€™t show up when I hit submit. Oh wellā€¦ guess they arenā€™t meant to be out thereā€¦

I think you can go back and edit you post, adding hyperlinks to the existing text

Yeah I had the links in there, I can see them show up in the preview. And I edited my post a few times. When I hit submit they show for a secondā€¦then disappear.

Snailman is talking about a workaround for the forum obliterating YT links. Edit your post and use the hyperlink button and add it as a link manually.

that did it!! Thanks!

1 Like

@heyrocker & @CFFlegs 's commentary on that WOz video was interesting to me primarily because it was clear just how complicated WOzā€™s ruleset is and/or how hard it is to do commentary. There was a point when the playfield was lit up like a bowl of skittles and you were trying to figure out which BALL mode was running that amused me. :wink:

(also @heyrocker: is ā€˜reply in new threadā€™ a feature thatā€™s been removed?)

3 Likes

If so it is because it was removed in a recent update to the forum software, its nothing I did explicitly.

I had to search for it the other day. Hit the Link icon (and two chain links) and then thereā€™s a ā€œ+ New topicā€ action from there. A bit confusing but what are you gonna doā€¦

1 Like

I added a few videos, thanks for the suggestions.

http://pinballvideos.com/sitemap/videos

Some new stuff, too, I didnā€™t have any Dominoā€™s, Hobbit, or Royal Rumble footage before.

5 Likes

Just grabbed a stern Viper. Donā€™t see any good gameplay video out there. Once I figure out all the rules Iā€™ll try and put into set the cameras at The Sanctum and shoot a good tutorial of sorts.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve tweaked the site a bit to address a few issues with long loading times (thanks @haugstrup for the suggestions).

If the site took a long time loading for you before, please try it now, there should be a noticeable difference.

Another thing, I just had a chance to check out Bowenā€™s Patreon, and I think itā€™s pretty cool and worth supporting, so I added a little donation prompt to his tutorials on pinballvideos. I hope no oneā€™s too bothered by this, you only have to click it away once, and maybe this might help getting us more high quality tutorials.

6 Likes

Never heard of this game before. Please tell me what happens at around the 2:50 mark here :wink:

1 Like