pinballvideos.com

I can recap this game for you: Keith Elwin shoots Mixmaster ramp for 20 mins straight. I think that game had the highest virtuosity on display to boredom ratio I have ever seen.

6 Likes

I have a pretty high threshold for this type of thing, but I had to walk away after a while. But on the plus side, Iā€™ve been able to employ this strat to bore some opponents to death.

2 Likes

Jackbot should be available to add now. Iā€™m trying to track some stuff, so the next few videos may be released in unorthodox manners. After Iā€™ve gathered my data, theyā€™ll all be available as usual for whatever.

2 Likes

I noticed that the Jackbot and PPO videos both had pre-roll ads on them. For what itā€™s worth I would prefer paying a small annual subscription to PAPA to avoid ads. I donā€™t even know if thatā€™s possible, but I thought I would share my unsolicited opinion anyway :slight_smile:

3 Likes

A YouTube Red subscription would do away with the ads: https://www.youtube.com/red

1 Like

Thatā€™s cool! $10/month to watch pinball videos is a little much though :stuck_out_tongue:

Thatā€™s what ad block is forā€¦

Wow. 'Tis a brand new world for me. Thanks for the tip!

Shh! MHS needs a new pair of flipper rubbers. Send lost ad revenue to PAPA, 100 Keystone Dr, Scott Township PA.

2 Likes

While weā€™re on the topic. I use Twitch totally standard from a web browser. But there are constantly dropouts, even on medium quality. I usually see recorded stuff.

I bring this up, because Iā€™ve been wondering if the European territory generally has a lower service from Twitch than say the US. Whatā€™s your experience?

Of course Iā€™m glad that pinball broadcasts are at all available. But I will recommend a YouTube channel for archived stuff.

Nope, same thing here in the states. Constant drop outs and always commercials.

Iā€™m starting out using YouTube at The Sanctum. Auto archiving to YouTube after and no music copyright issues later(YouTube just adds ads instead of silencing the archive). Only issue Iā€™m having is not having a simple YouTube channel/link people can go to like twitch offers.

If you get enough subscribers you get a reasonable URL for your channel page, until then you get alphanumeric gook. Iā€™m not sure what the current value of ā€˜enoughā€™ is, though.

Twitch archive streaming has always been a bit shit: it archives in 30 minute chunks and always drops out when switching between them. Here in japan Iā€™ve given up ever using it as it drops more often than it used to, and I have 100Mb/s internetā€¦

1 Like

Thanks. Iā€™ll have to push our players to subscribe in the next week or so as we get it up and running.

Are these Papa 16 videos missing from pinballvideos.com, or am I just looking in the wrong place?

Quarters:

Semis:

Thanks.

EDIT: In case the links donā€™t work, theyā€™re the first two listed here:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=PAPA+16+pinball

1 Like

I sent an email letting you know some of the player names from ppo2015

1 Like

A bunch of quality tournament footage on this youtube page.

1 Like

I finally got to adding the rest of the PPO 2015 games, thanks @PinballNarcissist for making my job a lot easier.

@stevevt: Yes, those PAPA 16 videos are not in there. My notes say that the quarter- and semifinal streams were just too disjointed to put them up in an archived format. If I remember correctly, there was a 1h+ match on Godzilla that would have been awesome to add, since thereā€™s no tournament footage at all on that machine, but it was cut away from so often to show other matches that it just didnā€™t make sense adding it to pinballvideos.

@PinballNarcissist: The IEPinball stuff should already be in there. I didnā€™t do those 20+ hours of Pin-Masters, but I got INDISC 2012, INDISC 2015, IFPA 2014 US NPC, and California Extreme 2015.

1 Like

Thanks. Yup, there are cutaways throughout these videos.

If itā€™s worth it, you might want to include the quarterfinals heads-up tiebreaker on Genesis between Robert Gagno and Sean Grant that starts around 3:14:09.

You might want to add this pretty thorough thrashing of X-Men by Keith Elwin on the pinball101 channel:

[ http://tinyurl.com/xmenthrashing ]

I think there are a few others on that channel you donā€™t have, too. E.g., AC/DC Pinball - Cal Extreme Finals 2013.

Yet another channel to track:

Nate S. will be adding a series of hangout/instructional videos here. The first one, AC/DC with Keith Elwin, was posted last week.

Keep up the good work!

1 Like

do you know when youā€™ll get Expo 2015 up? I was on camera for some of that :slight_smile:

3 Likes