Pinball Goals for 2018

Last year I planned on winning IFPA and retiring from competitive play. Neither worked out so for this year I tone it down a bit:

Win EPC
Win the Finnish Pinball League
Continue my semi-retirement

@ryanwanger thereā€™s also this graph page I made a while ago using the IFPAā€™s archived rank data: https://tools.flipperliste.at/ifpa_player_statistics/?players[]=Ryan+Wanger

7 Likes

Amazing. This is exactly what I wanted! Thanks @umbilico

1 Like

This tool is awesome! Iā€™m a little confused about the Pinball Gulf of 2014 in my standings, though, because to my knowledge I didnā€™t drop to 5,930th in the world unless @pinwizj released some very hurtful WPPR updates.

1 Like

I emailed Shepherd. Something is definitely f*cked up in that dip.

Weā€™re doing a full database rebuild since 1980 tonight, so weā€™ll see if that gets cleared up tomorrow (or whenever this rebuild finishes - could take DAYS) :slight_smile:

1 Like

I mean, the part where I drop from 316th to 846th in a week hurts but was probably due to a combo of an event depreciating and a WPPR change, and itā€™s reflected in old IFPA results, but the rest of the free fall is funky fo sho.

Updates to mine:

Didnā€™t get to a billion on Metallica or Last Man Standing on TWD- havenā€™t really focused on trying for either of those.

I did finish first in my league finally!

I bought a Blue Chip

and Iā€™m ranked right around 400. Gonna a lot harder to get to 300 by years end but we shall see.

3 Likes

Get streaming equipment and stop puting it off!

2 Likes

Did you notice you have nearly the same dip? Yours only goes from March-September compared to Zoeā€™s March-December. Zachā€™s doesnā€™t drop to zero but itā€™s pretty close.

I did notice ā€¦ Paging @Shep :slight_smile:

You will need to attend bigger events to get above 300. ~11pts. per event average needed currently. Best of luck.

1 Like

So far so good as all goals have been achieved for the year unless I do something rad like attend a big event before year end.

1 Like

13th at EPC :frowning:
1st in the league :slight_smile:
Semi-retired not really because I wanted to qualify for IFPA16. Iā€™ll rest next year.

2 Likes

Mostly retired here, still support the local scene.

Lost KY SCS
555 right now in rank
Didnā€™t go to pinburgh:(
Didnā€™t even come close to top ten at circuit event :frowning:
Only had one tournament with awesome stream coverage.

Hopefully starting Pincinnati will make this a successful 2018.

EDIT: i should be top 500 before year end!

3 Likes

Checking up. Getting really close to top 500 but not quite there. A few sub-par performances lately in relatively major tournaments probably arenā€™t gonna help matters. :toilet:

Do have a few Stern Pro Circuit events booked for next year - INDISC, TPF, Pinmasters in Q1.

1 Like
  • be ranked top 100 at some point in the year (not that I deserve it) :negative_squared_cross_mark:
  • Win a big classics tournament. Had a few good top 4 finishes in 2017. :negative_squared_cross_mark:
  • Successfully start new league at new barcade in town. :heavy_check_mark:
  • finish the other room in my basement to solve my out of pin space issue. :negative_squared_cross_mark:
  • make it to end of the line on MET :heavy_check_mark:

New league had 46 players across 3 seasons. Many new players and a lot have returned (maybe 18 based of 36 new based on my TD stats).

EOTL was only because of the code update. Close before, then did it first night with new code.

Overall, accomplished the most important goal and completely failed overall. Maybe more realistic goals next year :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Qualified for A at Pinburgh
Iā€™m currently in the top 500
I own two machines
Played Alien in Chicago at Logan
Broke 1b on R&B on stream
Iā€™ve def made progress on the drop catch
I could still dead pass more. But really this should be relax more.
The Shatz is def in my toolbox now. Made a bigger difference than I expected.
Iā€™ll end 2018 with 46 events. Had 42 in 2017.
3 wins in 2017. 3 wins in 2018ā€¦ but Iā€™ve got two more chances for a 2018 win.

7 Likes

Finally an EOTL worth mentioning. All goals for 2018 achieved.

4 Likes

I didnā€™t create any goals for the year, my first taste of competitive pinball was in Oct 2017. Iā€™m pretty jazzed though because my cash winnings have covered all my tournament entries this year, including pinburgh. Coin drop for league pushes me into the red though :frowning:

Big finishes were second in an unlimited entry classics and first in a critical hit.

Hopefully I can hit the same milestone next year.

1 Like