The Joe Balcer Oktoberfest machine was revealed at Expo. Most people in attendance really enjoyed the game.
Curious your first thoughts? Heard a few players/collectors say it was fun to play, so the interest is there. Will the theme make people put in their FIRST quarters into it on location, especially with other recognizable titles? Time will tell. If people do put their first quarters into, I think they’ll enjoy it.
For me looking at it…
- good art package. It was fitting, tasteful, good animations
- great sfx
- fun Coaster ride shot
- I liked and immediately noticed the toys on playfield.
- extra flipper button for lots of magnet saves and a cool feature where you can play one handed on right side…so you can hold a beer on left hand.
- 14 tent modes (I think 6 are ready now), and many other modes. @joe got a lot of warranted compliments
- @Theguyoverthere made a good point saying of lot of Joe’s greatest hits features like TSPP upper flipper ramp shot, lots of stand-up targets (22?), Houdini like Stein entrance.
I flipped a couple of games, here are my thoughts.
- lots to shoot
- no shots as tight as Houdini, although scoops kicked out a few, I thought I nailed.
- loved the ducks
- interesting ball save stand-ups. Think of Iron Maiden left stand-up above the inlane. I don’t think you can Shatz these ones on Oktoberfest, they are more for slings hitting them as they go in the outlanes.
- left orbit/ramp will be fun, and maybe even backhand possible for ramp.
- even with the magnet above the upper right flipper, the side ramp shot is TOUGH! Hard to find on first few games, but satisfying when you make it.
- Stein selection features are a good help to your game.