New Mousin' Around software mod

The patch has been removed.

6 Likes

this is so wonderful to see! Last year I had someone try and modify the MA ROM to just eliminate the 100k on the center ramp but that failed and this is waaaaaay better.
Any chance this fixes the bug where if you drain while Double Scoring is running, it continues to flash Double Scoring for all future balls?

Telling me now :confounded:

Certainly.

BTW. There is an inherit problem with score adjustement of the center ramp. It says 100K on the plastics. Old school.

1 Like

Hey, you never told me that it failed! When I saw Soren post this this morning I looked back at our email and I never heard back… at any rate I like what he’s done better.

apologies, that was uncouth of me. Real life got in the way. Shortly after testing your ROM our basement flooded and was out of commission for 6 months. There were no issues with your ROM, but the 100k kept scoring.

ooooooo well if you can solve that bug it would certainly be appreciated too. Do you have a tip jar? :wink:
I am not very good, and also my Mousin’ Around is set very steep, and so it is fairly common to drain during double scoring. Then in subsequent balls the flashing 2X Scoring (or whatever it says) confuses players and obscures the points board.

Could you please check your ROM rev. as I believe this is a bug in an ealier release that was fixed. No incorrect display thing here.

There is a bug in the 2x ready indicator. The lamp. If you drain while blinking it will be permanently on on next ball till re-blink-lit. But it is inactive, and hence for no incorrect benefit. It will be fixed but allow some days for this.

One other thing. Working with this, I cannot fully figure out the rules for lighting 2x. Fast ramp combo, yes. But sometimes it is unavailable. Something holds it back.

Hit two ramps in a row and end on the right lock shot lane. Starts double scoring.

Rom seems interesting. We will probably keep ours setup as it is with some switches moved around. Nerfs center ramp points but works towards mousetrap letters progressively getting harder each subsequent multiball. 100k is awarded for a 3 bank target completion.

I believe there is also a bug with million lot at top hole. Something with if a player had it lit and drains its then lit for other players(but obviously doesn’t award it). Just keeps the scrolling million light show going.

1 Like

Just played Mousin’ Around three times in a tournament yesterday, didn’t know how to play it my first game. Second game was 14M points from looping center ramp. Third game was 9M from the same. Glad to see this ROM address this boring strategy.

Confirmed.

This will be addressed too.

1 Like

should I wait for a further revision before getting ROMs burnt?

It won’t be long, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.

1 Like

IMHO the center ramp should not score any points or cheese letters (maybe something small like 10k) and only advance towards enabling the million letters (turning on the white arrows), and lighting the kickback. Then the game would be purr-fect

3 Likes

Highly appreciate the snappy remarks on various minor bugs that the game had.

These are now fixed and the new patch is released. Please do not you the previous one.

Mousin’ Around
LA-4 patch f51e
Download link: https://tinyurl.com/yacdgjg5

2 Likes

Soren do you have a tip jar so that those of us that greatly appreciate your work can buy you a coffee or whatever? would love it if you signed up to https://ko-fi.com/ or similar. At the very least I’d feel less guilty about begging for improvements. :wink:

@ryanwanger

“Streak run 100,000” is the 100K awarded right away for the center ramp. And an indication to the player, that they are in the run for a Streak bonus if they finish it off.

If the streak run is broken the game indicates “Trap lane bonus 100,000”.

1 Like

A couple of further things of note.

The center ramp is not closing on CHEESE. But the first center ramp shot her after (and on Cheezy bonus as usual). This is for the sake of fair play for lighting kickback.

1-2-3 is a dual thing. First completion is for opening the ramp. Then it goes back to “1” blinking. Second completion on ramp shots light kickback.

Again to keep it a fair game. The “mod” rule of closing the ramp, will also have this shot light kickback. Regardless if the 1-2-3 was only at “1” or “2”.

Can’t tell if this is a bug or a feature:

If you have the 123 down, the left orbit doesn’t do “trap lane” anymore. Instead it just says “steak bonus”

1 Like

Confirmed. Bummer. Thanks for the feedback.

I always found it awkward, that the centre ramp was printing “trap lane”. I now realise that the call is a reuse. And I bet it was a “for the time being”, that they never got around to when finishing up the game.

There will be an update for this. With “ramp loop 100,000” on centre ramp shots, generally. And “streak run 100,000” when enabled and when active.

1 Like