Match Play Events Open Thread

Is there any way for someone other than the tournament organizer to get the ‘broadcast’ link? We were following WIPT on the drive home from pinburgh and it would have been cool to just load up the broadcast page because of the information it has all on one screen – but I couldn’t figure out anywhere to find the link.

You can infer it – all you need it the numeric tournament ID and you can find that on MP Live. Click the small “view details” link on the Format row: https://matchplay.events/live/nq9d7 then look at the bottom.

But there’s no need. You get way more information on the regular MP Live pages

3 Likes

When organizing tournaments is there a way to edit my locations list? I see how to add a new one, but not delete old ones.

Exit out of the tournament and then click the “Locations” tab. There you can retire locations you’re not using regularly anymore.

1 Like

Thanks!

Small update: You can now add arenas to your tournament based on data from PinballMap.com! Details: OPDB: Open Pinball Database

9 Likes

That’s a huge update! :star_struck:

1 Like

If you are adding arenas on a laptop can you have MatchPlay ask to use your location? on my laptop just now it didn’t ask and said it couldn’t add without location services

@genex if you’re in Chrome:

• Open https://matchplay.events/
  • Click the area in the URL bar that says “Secure” (to the left of the URL)
  • See what the “Camera” setting is set to. Smells like yours is set to “Block”

You can also add a location to the tournament itself (remember to add an address to the location!). Then MP will use the tournament’s location rather than your laptop’s location.

Cool thanks! Would it be hard to add the name of the location to the Arena? I can add it to uservoice but wanted to know up front first the level of effort since for selfie leagues and multiple location tournaments it helps to know and see where the machine is in the tournament view…

1 Like

I thought it was on uservoice already, but I can’t find it. You should add it there. It’s not a big effort but you would have to add locations again for every tournament (i.e. the arena location would belong to the tournament and not the arena)

1 Like

What’s the feature request link again?

Progressive strikes tournament and I’m looking at my stats. The matches just have trophies next to them. Can they say how many strikes I got for each match or the finishing position?

Thanks!

3 Likes

It’s at the top of the “Popular Links” section directly below the first post.

3 Likes

@chuckwurt That page now shows the amount of strikes awarded (or a trophy if no strikes awarded)

I also renamed “Aussie strikes” to be named “Fair strikes” (thank you @keefer!)

5 Likes

Thank you!!

1 Like

Hey @haugstrup - I love the bulk upload feature, especially as I’m moving from Qualifying to a Finals format.

One thing I found is that I will have a list of eight people in the order that I would expect for seeding, and what I find is that after the eight players have loaded, the “Seed Players” screen is in somewhat scattered order from the order I had them listed in the bulk upload. It would be cool if the seed order was the same as the order added in the bulk upload. If this is a new “feature” request, then I can add it to Uservoice.

2 Likes

I think i don’t know how to do this but it sounds like you can use the bulk upload to use the IFPA results of the qualifying to add to a playoffs/finals? sweet!

1 Like

Are you talking about this form?

That page is great for adding a whole ton of players to your tournament in one go, but the seeding behavior you’re seeing is expected. In order to add players quickly they’re being added in parallel. So they’re going to be added in a sort-of random order.

There’s a better way though. In your qualifying tournament click the “Create playoffs” button and you’ll end up on this page:

It already has the players from your qualifying tournament and you can quickly select the 8 players you want. These players are added in the correct seeding order.

1 Like

Thanks! Upon reading that I remembered that you released that functionality so I’ll remember that when we have MatchPlay qualifying and need to transition to Finals.

My specific problem was we had NeverDrains Best Game Qualifying, and I copied and pasted the names to get Playoffs in MatchPlay, and then I had to re-arrange seeds afterwards. My presumption is that it won’t be a high priority for you, but I’ve added the request to UserVoice.

2 Likes

Had a weird ‘bug’ today. Event https://matchplay.events/app/tournaments/22655

I created this as Group Match Play, Arena Banks. Configured my banks, two machines in each bank.

Apparently I chose one match per round, thinking that would assign one bank per group and play both games in the bank. So Matchplay never choose the second game in any bank. The only time the second machine in a bank was ever used was when the assigned game was unavailable and the game had to be reselected.

Is there ever a case when using Arena Banks you would have fewer games in a round than the number of machines per bank? If not, can Matchplay default to games per round = games per bank?

1 Like