Marines spam?

They also do it the old way
Hay You join the navy.

My automag says otherwise!

Those Tippmans were badass tho. Good times slinging paint in the early 2000s.

1 Like

I have been playing tournament paintball for 32 years and still play to this day. Started playing tournament paintball in the woods back in 1988. In 2004 moved over to speedball/airball. Currently playing in 5-man speedball events with my 3 kids, ages14, 14, and 19. It’s such an awesome sport.

1 Like

Built an awesome battleground in the woods behind a friends neighborhood. It was a great valley with trees everywhere and we built bunkers all over the place.

So fun. We would get around 20 friends together each time we played and played all day.

Back then there were also around 2-3 local spots based in the woods that met once a quarter too if we wanted to mix it up.

Miss it for sure.

Damn IFPA Marines spam …

2 Likes

Friendly fire!

Well Josh, I hope you told him how you’re doing. Mine had a more engaging opening line

7 Likes

“Joshua” lol
Got a second call from a different guy today, the only information he really had was that my email had shown up on a list indicating it had emailed asking for more information about the Marines…I explained the whole situation to him which he found rather amusing. He said he’d add an annotation next to my email to hopefully stop them from contacting me but he couldn’t make certain the next person didn’t ignore the annotation. He also said if I played pinball with any young guys ever that wanted to join the Marines to send them his way. ‘Murica

2 Likes

Got this in the mail the other day. What bothers me is how/why did our personal information (name, email, address and phone number) all get released (sold?) to the Marines? Who else, potentially, will this list of our info be sent to? Was this the fault of Replay, Intergalactic, or Ewallet?

After getting a voice mail a few days ago, a recruiter showed up at my door yesterday! I kid you not. I wasn’t home but my wife was very confused.

say I will sign up for 300K/ year min

I just got something in the mail this week from the Marines addressed to, “Parent of Andrei Massenkoff.” Letter says, “I am writing to inform you that your son or daughter has contacted us and requested information related to enlistment options with the United States Marine Corps.” (nope, not me) “Right now, you can help your child by supporting his or her efforts to earn a high school diploma, live a healthy lifestyle and continue to plan for the future.” :smiley:
I think that @haugstrup got a solicitation from them recently too. I’m kind of comforted that this part of the military-industrial complex doesn’t have much of an idea of who I am, but they do have my name and proper mailing address, though.

1 Like

Such a expensive-looking pamphlet telling me I should become an officer in the Marines. Fine print then tells me I’m more than 10 years too old to actually enlist. Feels like entrapment. I had been practicing in front of the TV and everything:

truth

3 Likes

I got the same letter a few weeks ago. Of course, I started questioning my son if he contacted the marines since he is under age.

What if there’s some sort of special ops situation that the Marines are (is?) trying to enlist for where they need people who can precisely flick small metal objects into or around ridiculously specific obstacle-filled spaces and that’s why we’re all getting contacted?

(just kidding…or am I?)

7 Likes

then they better pay up and maybe be willing to wave boot camp as well

1 Like

Maybe Pinburgh WAS boot camp.

Got texted from Marine recruiter today. Ugh – so now they have my cell # too. :disappointed:

If only you had a positive Pinburgh experience to offset the inconvenience :thinking:

6 Likes