Marines spam?

Pinburgh is the favorite for where this came from. I’ve only played two tournaments ever and both were Pinburgh. I know a lot of places are on hard times… maybe a list was sold. If it helps keep replayfx going then I am all for it.

Received a thick promotional packet in the mail now - unfortunate that they are wasting their money on whatever list they received.

Is it wasted if people keep posting about it on social media?

2 Likes

Got my physical mail today too

Pyle!!!
This list is getting us no one

1 Like

Yes, it’s wasted despite being on social if the vibe on social is Negative. Might turn off someone who was otherwise neutral.

I get that reference.

I’m waiting to see what the Navy does. I’m hearing they’re in negotiations with WB to get Top Gun 2 rewritten so that Maverick is also a pinball wizard. That’s how you recruit pinheads to your branch of the military.

1 Like

The Navy should let you star in a music video with Kelsey Grammer and the Village People. Down Periscope anyone?

I don’t think it was Pinburgh. I didn’t get the email, which is a shame because I use unique email addresses so might have been able to source the origin

Has anyone outside the US received the mail? If not, then it’s from a list that knows at least your country as well as email. I suppose that might put IFPA on the suspects list then?

(Although now I think about it, I suppose Replay could tie emails to country via IFPA id too. Hmm)

I wouldn’t be so quick to rule out Pinburgh. ShowClix definitely associates your location to your profile, so it would be easy to provide a list with American addresses only.

I didn’t receive anything and am in Canada.

2 Likes

Not IFPA on this one … Although we would love to have the Marines as a sponsor.

2 Likes

Found this mentioned from a similar FB thread. The beau and I just got ours in November.

I’d managed to avoid any Marines spam up until this point, but just now I got a voicemail from the Marine Corps Officer Selection Team. I’m flattered that they think I’ve got the right stuff, I guess? I attended the last three Pinburghs but have never participated in Intergalactic. :woman_shrugging:

I strung the recruiter along via text for months, but he eventually stopped responding when I never showed up for the workouts. Fun while it lasted!

3 Likes

Thanks again for sharing those with me. Haha

1 Like

I managed to get a Marines spam via Facebook Messenger today. That was a new one.

I got a Marines spam voicemail today as well. :rofl:

Just got my call! I feel so special.

Back in my youth, I was super into paintball and somehow got it into my head that I wanted to join the marines. I requested more information online – big mistake. After that the recruiters hounded me relentlessly, to the point that one of them even came to my house to speak to me in person.

Marketing knows no limits sometimes.

I’d put me and my Tippmann model 98 with a 14” barrel against anyone, anywhere in 2002. Haha

1 Like