Louisville Arcade Expo March 2-4 2018

The 8th Annual Louisville Arcade Expo is being held once again at the Ramada Plaza in Louisville, KY, March 2-4 2018. Three days of retro gaming - including pinball, video arcades, classic consoles and computers. We’ll have costume contests, console tournaments, music, seminars, a charity raffle, and more!

We have a room rate of $79.95 at the Ramada Plaza which is conveniently located at the corner of I-64 and Hurstbourne Lane in Louisville Ky (9700 Bluegrass Parkway, Louisville, KY 40299). The hotel has an airport shuttle, so fly in, take the shuttle, and have a good time. The hotel is located near many restaurants and other activities. To reserve a room, just give them a call and mention you are attending our show 1-502-491-4830 - or Click HERE.

We are super excited to welcome Dwight Sullivan as our featured speaker this year! A lot of people involved with the show are in IT, and are looking forward to welcoming him to Kentucky.

We also excited to welcome Keith Johnson of JJP as well this year! So there will be all kinds of pinball coding talk.

Once again some of our awesome friends at PAPA/ReplayFX are running our pinball tourney again. If you play in tournaments anywhere, please remember to thank the people who run them!

Bring a full size pinball or arcade video game for free play and get a free admission for each game you bring! Give us a heads up and let us know what games you are planning on bringing to help with our layout planning. You can either just post in this thread, PM me, or send an email to bringmachine@louisvillearcade.com (we’ll figure out the list from these sources) For every game you bring and every day the game is at the show in playing condition, you will be entered into a drawing for door prizes. Last year we gave away a lot of awesome stuff, like soldering stations, tools, stuff from Marco, stuff from Stern, Jersey Jack, Pinball life, CPR etc… we even gave away a Gorgar project someone donated to us last year.

Pre-Register and save! Visit our website for more information: http://www.LouisvilleArcade.com
Find us on facebook at facebook.com/LouisvilleArcade or twitter @arcaderx
We’ll post additional announcements online and in this thread.

Thanks and we’re looking forward to seeing everyone again!

6 Likes

Any idea who’s a good person to contact about what the tournament games will be?

Won’t that spoil the surprise? haha

I am sure if they want to announce them they will

2 Likes

In the past this somebody usually posts a photo Thursday night before. Don’t the PAPA guys typically bring down the games? BTW, great job of those GOT tutorials.

Yeah it always tends to be a last second deal, but I always like to check every year to see if something may have changed haha. Not totally sure where the games have come from in the past.

Thanks! I had a lot of fun doing them.

Most of the games come from Papa and Trent. There may be a very small number from the floor. We always look up the games on Neverdrains on the drive up. It gives us something to talk about!

2 Likes

They should use the Harlem you’re bringing and my LW3. Haha

2 Likes

The Louisville Arcade Expo is coming up fast, and we need your help to make this Stern Pro Circuit event amazing! Each hour you work (minimum of two and a half) will earn you $20 in tournament credit for this event. That’s $50 in entries per shift!

To volunteer, please send an email to elizabeth@papa.org with your name and the shift(s) you want to work. First come, first served. This list will be updated with the available number per shift.

Friday, March 2 -
2:15pm - 4:45pm - 5 people needed
4:30pm - 7:00pm - 5 people needed
6:45pm - 9:15pm - 5 people needed
9:00pm - 11:45pm - 5 people needed

Saturday, March 3 -
10:15am - 12:15pm - 5 people needed
12:00pm - 2:00pm - 5 people needed
1:45pm - 3:45pm - 5 people needed
3:30pm - 5:30pm - 5 people needed
5:15pm - 7:15pm - 3 people needed
7:00pm - 9:00pm - 3 people needed
8:45pm - 10:00pm - 3 people needed

3 Likes

Main:
AC/DC premium
Andromeda
F-14 Tomcat
Firepower
Flintstones
Junkyard
Mustang
Shaq Attack
Surf N Safari
World Poker Tour

Classics:
Eight Ball Deluxe
Black Jack
Flash
Surf Champ
Super Orbit
Seawitch

8 Likes

Andromeda, Shaq and SnS??? man wish i could make that :slight_smile:

Even no Goldeneye I know you wanted revenge.

Yay Shaq attack i get to shoot the basketball hoop some more.

This will be my first year attending- very excited!

Gonna head down with a few other people from Michigan as well.

4 Likes

:heart_eyes:

2 Likes

We still need volunteers for next weekend’s event! You can earn $20 in credit to play in this tournament for every hour you work (minimum of two to two and a half). That’s $40 or $50 in entries per shift!

To volunteer, please send an email to elizabeth@papa.org with your name and the shift(s) you want to work. First come, first served. This list will be updated with the available number per shift.

Friday, March 2 -
2:15pm - 4:45pm - FULL! Angela Pecora, Bre Reynolds, Matt Stacks, Adam Peacock, Rodney Minch
4:30pm - 7:00pm - 4 more people needed - Will Krusa
6:45pm - 9:15pm - 3 more people needed - Alex Harmon, Dominic Kacich
9:00pm - 11:45pm - 4 more people needed - Evan Bingham

Saturday, March 3 -
10:15am - 12:15pm - 4 more people needed - Kurt John
12:00pm - 2:00pm - 4 more people needed - Bre Reynolds
1:45pm - 3:45pm - 3 more people needed - Will Krusa, Shannon Moody
3:30pm - 5:30pm - 5 people needed
5:15pm - 7:15pm - 3 people needed
7:00pm - 9:00pm - 2 more people needed - Whayne Rouse
8:45pm - 10:00pm - 2 more people needed - Whayne Rouse

Is there somewhere to see how the payouts will work for main (A and B), and classics?

2 Likes

There’s no guaranteed prize pool at this event. Payouts are determined by participation.

Sorry I meant is there a percentage or dollar amount the tournament crew is taking for expenses, trophies, etc? Or is it all going to the players via prize money? It was nice to win money last year, but I had no clue how it was calculated or even if what I got was correct.

Thanks for the help.

4 Likes

payout will be 100% minus expenses and fees (IFPA, Circuit, credit card fees).

I’ve done the payouts every year at Louisville so if you ever want to know what the payouts are of if you got the right amount, just come up to me and ask.