KISS wiki rulesheet

I thought it would just hold it in the saucer until you shoot one of the STAR standups, then kick it out. Seems like a pretty easy way to mimic the Prem/LE without the drop target.

6 Likes

That is exactly what I thought it was going to do, but it does not, by the time the auto plunge hits the pops that ball is already getting kicked out.

2 Likes

Ditto. Unfortunately this is not the case. On Pro, youā€™re dealing with the additional difficulty of the second ball in play to try to hit the STAR targets to get the hurry up and the third ball added.

I definitely prefer the Prm/LE logicā€¦ Similar to ST Vengeance & SM Doc Ock 2, it gives me the strategic choice as a player to more safely cash in my MB JP and added ball, or press my luck by using the single-ball play time to accomplish other goals prior to hitting the captive ball before time runs out.

2 Likes

Has anyone been experiencing game lock ups since installing the new code?
Iā€™ve had about 3 occur in the last 12 or so games I played.

So it wasnā€™t just my issue then (Iā€™m playing @BuffaloATX 's KISS pin).
For reference, my game locked up during a MB, and when Iā€™d shot the Gene head. Iā€™d also apparently just finished a mode, because the DMD froze on 2X Playfield message.

None of mine seemed to have any rhyme or reason, one locked up during an animation, one locked up coming out of the pops, and I donā€™t remember what happened with the third one out side of the fact I had one shot left left for Heavens on Fire at 3x playfieldā€¦

Possible bug: Pro, finish targets to start Love Gun mb but ball bounced out of LG area and drained. Interrupted LG mb animation and awarded bonus. Next ball I chose a new song (Deuce maybe, not sure) and as soon as I hit a shot for that song LG mb started.

The left stand-up targets will not flash for a Hotter Than Hell shot if stacked with Heavenā€™s on Fire when the left stand-up bank has been completed for HOF and that bank is the required shot for HTH. Itā€™s not critical since you can tell you need that shot for HTH by the absence of a lit HTH arrow shot.

i guess it should be :
Shot Multiplier: Completing both the KISS and ARMY hurry-ups will make the next shot made worth 2x for the rest of the ball.

Please! I need your help. For some reasons, my backstage pass mystery award is not working anymore. As far as I know, completing both the KISS and Army targets shall light the scoop for Backstage Pass. This happens. But then I do not get rewarded with a mystery award anymore. Any idea why? Settings? Pinball broken? Anything else?
(Kiss Premium 1.41)

Your scoop switch likely needs to have the gap adjusted. This is very common across a wide range of stern games. I think the issue is that if it bounces it will not award the reward. Close the gap a little.

You may think, it canā€™t be the switch, it recognizes the ball and kicks it out. If it was the switch it would go into ball search. Donā€™t be tricked like many others before you, it is the switch.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the prompt reply which is appreciated. Can I adjust it by myself? How can I fix that issue?

The metal arm on the scoop switch will need to be bent so that the switch stays closed with the ball at rest in the scoop. Shouldnā€™t take to much. Hereā€™s the service bulletin from Stern.

SB 186

I had a Tron with this problem, and the issue was that the back panel of the scoop had bent backwards, which meant the ball could travel past the switch before coming to a stop, as opposed to stopping right on the switch. Instead of adjusting the switch, I adjusted this panel forward a little bit so that the ball would come to rest in the right place. Much easier and less prone to error than adjusting the switch arm.

In the wiki, I clarified the differences between Pro and Prem/LE in the first phase of Love Gun Multiball.

2 Likes

So how would you all rank the difficulty in completing the songs? If the goal would be to rack up song completions for playfield multipliers, what order would you approach them?

Iā€™m guessing there really is an optimal route but personally I find the orbits the most difficult shots so I just tend to avoid those songs.

Not sure about ranking difficultyā€¦ but I find some songs safer. If safer = easier, then I think Deuce, Lick It Up, Rock and Roll All Night, and Detroit Rock City fit the bill. You can also choose songs that line up best with whichever song shots overlap the Multiball qualification shots you intend to pursue next.

Hotter than Hell is dangerous to hit those standups, but if you are needing to relight your Left Outlane save and planning on shooting that bank anyway, then that song might actually be a better choice than others.

Black Diamond can be rough because it requires a # of shots to R orbit, feeding the ever-dangerous pops.

2 Likes

Made edits to the target hurry-ups and shot multiplier sections. Also swapped the descriptions to light the inserts for Spaceman and Starchild.

2 Likes