Jersey Jack's 3rd machine (JJP#3) to be revealed at Expo 13 Oct - Pat Lawlor returns

From the gameplay videos I’ve been seeing, that may actually be the case. :slight_smile:

Someone told me recently Dialled In won’t work with iPhones, Apple won’t allow developers the access to the functionality required. If this right?

I don’t know anything about this, but I find it hard to believe. The remote flip thing probably uses bluetooth, and maybe there’s an internet connection required for additional features, but I don’t see how any of those things would violate any app store rules.

I thought JJP was using NFC for initial handshaking… if so, that’s probably the problem, as I believe NFC in iOS devices is exclusively for Apple Pay.

1 Like

Interesting. I’ve never had much contact with iOS devices, and if that’s true, I’m glad I didn’t. Selling hardware that can’t actually be used doesn’t seem right.

The actual communication is over bluetooth, so only initial pairing is “gimped” on iOS. Somebody asked Jack this at the Expo, and he said, phone stuff was basically a tech demo and they will contract out app work to contractors. They fully expect an iOS version.

I haven’t looked at this stuff recently, but bluetooth discovery can still be managed in app, so it should be as easy as opening Dialed In app, tapping on “Pair” and you’re off to the races. Whoever told you there will not be an iOS app due to NFC limitations is misinformed.

4 Likes

“I’m going to make a long distance phone call”

In all seriousness, I’m interested to play it!

3 Likes

I wonder how many games have utilized phones as part of the theme/attraction?

I can think of three off the top:
Dialed in,
Johnny Mnemonic
Hi, Dolly.

There’s probably a few more out there.

Whodunnit

2 Likes

“Move your car” gimmick in the Hat Magic mode on TOM.