Jersey Jack's 3rd machine (JJP#3) to be revealed at Expo 13 Oct - Pat Lawlor returns

In just over one week, on the evening of 13 October 2016, Jersey Jack Pinball’s 3rd machine will be revealed at Pinball Expo in Chicago marking Pat Lawlor’s long-awaited return to pinball design. I’m excited.

4 Likes

What’s the over/under on how many days till they start shipping?

Even though he’s one of my favorite designers, I’ve seen enough with WOZ, Hobbit, MMR, TBL, and more to know that I’m better off not knowing about a game until it’s ready to ship. Otherwise, my enthusiasm slowly drains out over the months/years it takes for the game to become a reality.

Hope this one is not following in those footsteps!

3 Likes

Whatever anyone bets, I’ll take the under :slight_smile: I think JJP will turn up with a limited supply available for immediate purchase. All speculation on my part, but would be fantastic to see

Should be a great Expo. I’m very jealous of anyone able to make it.

1 Like

I’m so excited to see a non licensed game for once! Any speculations on the theme?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

3 Likes

Over/Under set at 730 days

1 Like

Massive amount of complete speculation coming up. This is more of a ‘wouldn’t it be cool’ list rather than anything I’ve heard… If this isn’t what JJP are doing, then I’d love to see someone do something like this:

So you download an app onto your phone, and it gives you a unique (short) code. Then when you’re playing Lawlor’s new game it asks you to type in your code (optional of course). I guess this could also work automatically (no typing), by adding either bluetooth or wifi to the pinball machine.

• Then it records stats of your games to the phone app (pinball machine uploads info over the internet so your app can retrieve it over internet)
  • This could be loads of mundane stuff, like number of spinner hits, ramps made, ball time, whatever.
  • Awards ‘trophies’ for your progress (we see this kind of thing in any modern console game) as an incentive to come back and ‘collect them all’
  • Highscores can be tracked easily. Both your personal best and regional/international league tables
  • The app can also ping you if you’re travelling and there is a game nearby. Show you the highscores/stats on that table
  • Pure fantasy now, but maybe you could add credit to the app, then play the games on route in a ‘cashless’ way. JJP could take a slice of money this way too
2 Likes

Under here. Stakes?

5 Likes

Haha. What if the over/under was 365 days?

I’d take the under on 730, but the over on 365.

But if @keefer is playing, I’ll just take whatever side he takes. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I hear it’s supposed to fall in line with the natural disaster theme of Earthshaker and Whirlwhind. So I’m guessing FIRE, because Earth, Wind, and Fire.

4 Likes

But that means we have to wait til the 21st night of September 2017.

I’d say we need to break out the doubling cube. Really have some fun with this! :triumph:

6 Likes

Several times JJP the JJP team has stated they will not be revealing Pat’s game until it is production ready, most recently at a seminar during California Extreme. So I’m betting first of the year. With the expo announcing that there would be 5 of them at the show, maybe even sooner.

Personally, I’m hoping for a Global Warming theme in which they revive Rudy as Al Gore.

1 Like

2 Likes

I guess they didn’t want to throw a spotlight on the stern ones.

3 Likes

I think the only explanation is that Jack hates my guts.

3 Likes