Iron Maiden Pinball Rulesheet

Yes please :smile:

8 Likes

I have to get some sort of plan for getting Run to the Hills. Iā€™m thinking of going for a 6-way-combo after 2MTM. If everything is going well.

I donā€™t want to end up having the 6-way-combo as the last thing to complete (Iā€™m sort of exhausted after Number of the Beast). As far as I remember (it was more than a year ago though) it was the last thing I had to complete for Run to the Hills since I would get a random Level 2 Eddie Card as a Tomb Award.

The 6-way-combo I will try to go for is:
right orbit -> mini loop -> left ramp (if the grace time is enough for this) -> right ramp -> left orbit -> big loop ā€¦ voila! I like the flow of this one.

As I remember it there is no timer on the 6 way combo. So you can take time with each shot

1 Like

My preferred 6 way combo

center ramp to set up

1. Mini loop
    Drop catch on right flipper
  2. Left orbit
  3. Big loop
    Loop pass
  4. Right ramp
  5. Left ramp
  6. Right orbit
3 Likes

Itā€™s def that switch behind the backboard, it happens in single ball play now too. Will adjust. :slight_smile:

Whatā€™s a really good score on Iron Maiden? There are so many ways to score. Iā€™m slightly confused.

Seems like the scoring sort of ā€¦escalatesā€¦ quickly during Run to the Hills?

Iā€™m going to another city soon to play Iron Maiden. They want me to set a good GC, sort of. That should ā€œlastā€ for a while, and I need some achievable target. The highest score on pinside is 7,085,189,570. That wonā€™t happen (unless there are 3-4 super secret EBs in there, somewhere :face_with_raised_eyebrow:)!

My highest score now is 2.226.707.460. Seems mediocre for a good GC? I should do better than that, right? :grimacing:

PS. I will, most definitely, not beat my 2.2B, even. But I will give it a good try. DS.

Do well on modes then 2MTM can become HUGE

2 Likes

Yeah, if you shard 3+ modes, take the time to light the PF multiplier before you go into 2MTM, itā€™s worth it~

2 Likes

ā€œHUGEā€ is too vague. :thinking: (ā€œWe want information. Information. Information.ā€) :pray:
PS. ā€œI am not a number! I am a free man!ā€ DS.

1 Like

The magnitude of huge is getting clearer now! :flushed:

I guess you have to wait a while to activate the PF X? And probably 3X? And make sure to nail the jackpot? Seems like one of the best usages of PF X. Possibly a bit into Cyborg Multiball as well?

Iā€™ve managed to get around 600M, or so, on 2MTM. I have to improve! Also, stop activating PF X by accident during Aces High or Rime of the Ancient Mariner. :cold_face:

1 Like

Mine had been on location since it came out and the only person who has topped 2b is Escher. I think only three people have scored over 1b.

Here is the rule doc

2 Minutes to Midnight mini wizard mode

Complete all 5 Eddie Battle modes to light 2 Minutes to Midnight mini wizard mode at the underworld Scoop. Single ball mini wizard mode starts with 2 ā€œminutesā€ on the clock which counts down to Midnight. Each main playfield shot represents one of the 5 Eddie mode bonuses (20% of that mode total) which score and add to the jackpot value. Each standup target will be lit to add time to the clock one time only. Completing all standups starts a single roving shot to add time. Mode ends when Clock strikes midnight. Ball leaving the playfield fast forwards the clock ā€œ5 secondsā€ during ball save. Collecting all shots again without collecting the super jackpot doubles the super jackpot.

Super jackpot lights after All shots collected.

Shooting a shot unlights it. Collecting all shots relights all shots.

ā€œMinutesā€ will be a ratio

Default 2:1 (60 seconds total, targets add 5 seconds)

Shots:

Fear of the Dark- Left Spinner

Icarus- Left Ramp

Hallowed- Left Orbit

Aces High- Right Ramp

Mariner- Right Orbit

Super jackpot- jackpot (when lit)

X targets- Add time

3 Likes

Itā€™s been sweet each time Iā€™ve pulled this off. Also gives the Eddie Level 2 card, iirc.
Great mode.

Went something like this when I got this total:

• Start 2MTM with 3x PF ready
  • Complete two ā€œlapsā€ of jackpots
  • Collect 2x super (totally forgot about the PF mult lol)
  • Complete another two ā€œlapsā€ of jackpots
  • Start 3x PF
  • Collect 6x super (this single shot was worth about 1.3B)
1 Like

Not bad! :astonished: Indeedā€¦

How long is the 3 X PF-timer? Can you extend it? I forgot, Iā€™ve only played 4-5 games of Iron Maiden in the last 8 months or so.

Interesting. But the highscore table must have been reset (from software updates, right?) since you first put it on location?

The survival rate of 2MTM for me is somewhere around the survival rate of Tour the Mansion (probably 2 out of 10 ā€œsurvivalsā€, possibly even less on Tour the Mansion). Fear of the Dark (Left Spinner) is mostly whatā€™s causing the drains. That, and the stress of the timer.

In fact I would consider timing 2MTM out in an important tournament situation (and Iā€™m not a timer-outer really), depending on the circumstances. If there are really low values from the modes I think Iā€™d rather just time it out. Thereā€™s not much else to go for, right? I wouldnā€™t go for Run to the Hills in Tournament Mode.

Either way, I have to maintain my cool, but there are so many points to be had (eg. 1.849.720.320), and so little time (not even two minutes, just one! :expressionless:).

Yes but my statement stands.

I played Iron Maiden at Brew Dog-something on Reeperbahn in Hamburg a few days ago (got the GC - mission accomplished - with a mediocre score). Something very strange was going on with the lights for a while. The lights were randomly lit, in random colours (more more less) and had nothing to do with the modes/multiballs really. After a while the lights started working properly again. It was a bit weird and I havenā€™t seen this on any other Iron Maiden. However, Iā€™ve seen similar behaviour on Deadpool.

This was the first Iron Maiden Iā€™ve played (out of five, I think) that you could drop catch most of the balls, on the right flipper, coming from the Sarcophagus -> Down the Left Orbit. In general I find that itā€™s a bit difficult controlling these balls since the feed is a bit different every time. I never drain from it though.

This happened to mine. Reseating the light board connections under the playfield fixed the issue.

Lots of options (drop catch, bounce pass, or hold up upper flipper), and depending on the game, you may or may not want to hit the side of the cabinet as it comes down to push it even farther to the right.