Iron Maiden Pinball Rulesheet

I’ll aim to stack FotD with Mummy as you’ll want to hit the spinners as well, FOI I’ll play as a single ball, preferably with playfield multipliers. Get the SS then move on.

I try to stack FotD with The Trooper Multiball. Linus/LOP told me that, for some reason, FotD seems to score more during The Trooper Multiball and I don’t really know (and can’t remember exactly now) but it might be the case?

It feels like a waste of Playfield Multipler to me, using it during FOI. I’d rather use it for some (early) Loop Jackpots. Around 150-180M seems to be achieavable, quickly, in the early round(s). With 2X.

I try to do it like this:

• light loop jackpot
  • trap the ball on the left flipper
  • shoot the right ramp to activate 2X (or even 3X) - shatzing is an option, I guess.
  • then go for loop jackpots

I don’t shoot for the loop jackpots with the mini-flipper. I just keep the flipper down and try to get it back to the big loop, as fast as possible.

It depends whether I’m going for score or SSs.
With 3x playfield it only needs 3way combo to complete FOI.
I tend to aim for Hallowed with trooper as drops are needed in both.

Going for score I’ll use playfield multiplier for loop jackpots.

Iron Maiden is very different in TM vs. non-TM-play, I guess. Even in playing for Run to the Hills vs. a high score?! Which makes it a great game.

In general, I don’t need any playfield multiplier to get the soul shard from FOI. I won’t waste them playfield multipliers on that. :innocent: I guess I will keep going for loop jackpots even if the goal is Run to the Hills. But after 50 loops (the EB) I will probably not shoot any more loops, more or less.

I plan to make that mini loop juicier in the next update

12 Likes

Do it! It’s awesome. But I play it safe and get way more points going for the big loop. :cold_face:

I wouldn’t mind more points in the The Trooper Super Jackpot. It’s effing difficult to get! There might be something I’m missing though; I never get any decent points during The Trooper Multiball. I have to investigate that.

On most Maidens, I find that a bank shot off the right side of the captive mummy ball (shooting from the lower left flipper) is the most consistent way to hit the super JP target. I think the super JP value is based on the value of the JPs you’ve collected since the beginning of the MB (or the last super JP) so you won’t really see it start to get juicy until you’re deeper into the MB and racking up those 3/4/5x JPs.

1 Like

Scroll up to last year around this time. I think someone posted a link to the stream of Illinois SCS with @sk8ball dropping 600M (I think?) on Trooper MB. I recall 3x running, which really becomes 9x due to compounding multipliers. :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, that video is no longer available and neither is @pinwizj’s ridiculous 150B game on Johnny Mnemonic from the same stream. @timballs did you save a local copy of that stream?

I browsed through the entire thread here, couldn’t find it. Then I saw @jmg s post below. :zipper_mouth_face:

9X sounds alright! I can’t remember exactly how much I got on the highest scoring The Trooper-multiball, but possibly around 150M. I think I made it to the 5X (red) Jackpots in one multiball, but I might be wrong?! It was a long time ago, and I can’t remember all the details.

If I’m going for Soul Shards (i.e. Run to the Hills) I don’t stack the multiballs with any mode. I find it a bit hard to keep track of the modes sometimes, if it’s stacked with a multiball, and might end up missing the Soul Shard. If I’m just going for quick points (in TM) i stack The Trooper with Hallowed Be Thy Name.

Ok. I will try that the next time I play. Usually, I trap balls on the right flipper and shoot up the Sarcophagus and try my best with the mini-flipper. It feels a bit disappointing when you get a couple of millions (?!) when you finally get the Super Jackpot. :expressionless:

I have wondered how the game would play if there were X number of center ramps lit for letters over a game instead of it being lit during the first 2 modes.

If I work on ramps a little because that’s normally my last power shot left I tend to also progress through modes and miss out on the easy center ramps left on the table.

If I weigh the points to be in multiball then that’s all people would go for. There are points there but it takes a bit to get there. Or like was said bring in a 3x PF (which is another reason not to boost the points)

3 Likes

Ok. I See. I have to suck less when playing the multiballs! I try to save the multiplier to 2MTM. I’ve had a few really good 2MTMs, probably around 5-600M. The probability of draining during 2MTM seems to be around ~87% though. :expressionless:

Overall, this is just minor complaints. I think it’s one of the best games ever made. I’ve been teaching plenty of people Iron Maiden (mostly in Tournament Mode) and it’s a pleasure teaching/discussing the rule/strategies every time.

I’m going for Run to the Hills today. I have no high hopes of making it there though.

I have not made it either…

Another thing to remember is that the first Trooper Super JP is lighting a tomb award and adding 5M to your current power JP base value, so it’s not quite as puny as it may appear based on the face value.

3 Likes

Trooper is low value?

4 Likes

Ok. I’ll try to beat you to it then. :pray:

I’ve made it to eight Tomb Awards. I had 6-way-combo and one (I think) Level 2 Eddie Card left. I guess I have to figure out an “easy” way of doing a 6-way-combo. It will, sort of, open up the 9th Tomb Award which is a random Level 2-card, right?

There are actually 11 ways to qualify tomb awards, so a 6-way combo is not required for RTTH. However, it’s arguably an easier objective than getting all 4 level 2 cards. Really depends on what else (if anything) you missed along the way. The other big thing to remember if you’re shooting for RTTH is that collecting a level 3 mystery will spot you a missing soul shard (once) after playing 2MTM, so even if you only sharded 4 of the 5 modes, you have an easy out for the missing shard (but you probably already know that if you managed to make it to tomb award #8~).

900M Deathblow more satisfying :wink: