Iron Maiden Pinball Rulesheet

Has this Super Secret Skill Shot already been found?

Hard plunge around loop, let ball pass upper right flipper, hit Orb. I know it increases the Power Jackpot X.

2 Likes

Yes, you can actually shoot a few loops before hitting the orb. My max is 3 with an orb shot on the premium.

1 Like

Sounds like I need to upgrade my early run Pro shooter spring.

3 Likes

Played a premium on location and noted a couple interesting things:

• the center lift ramp didnā€™t work so it was always down. I assumed it was disabled, but when I shot the bullseye, my mode never started. Would be nice if there was a feature that let the bullseye count as mode start. I know you can disable the lift ramp in settings, but the player canā€™t adjust that.

• Similar issue as above, but the mummy diverter on the left ramp was broken, meaning no mummy multiball or tomb awards. Yes, I know thereā€™s a setting to disable this, but would be nice if the game eventually switched into pro mode after x amount of left ramp shots not doing what theyā€™re supposed to.

• Loop jackpots all day! :slight_smile:

Was this any different than a Pro?

I did miss trying for a 3x Icarus. But hey, 3x loops pay off well too!

Just him being to DAMN good at shooting ramps :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Iā€™m super excited when I string together 3 or 4 in Icarus and thatā€™s pretty rareā€¦

I may not have been able to get the 900m Deathblow yet, but I have been able to get a Lv2 Eddie card BEFORE getting the Lv1 of the same card.

Thereā€™s only 1 way to do this, it shouldnā€™t be too hard for you to figure it out.

1 Like

Tomb treasure #9?

Trooperā€¦ you just shoot all the shots a ton and never hit a super. Hard to do but possible

1 Like

Exactly, I couldnā€™t hit the SJP to save my life, hit every other shot 3 times to get the lv2 straight away.

2 Likes

I think Iā€™ve just found a niche beneficial bug.

I got to 2mtm, (with 2 Soul Shards collected) collected the 2x SJP for the Lv2 Eddie card, as the ball went down the right outlane I tried to save it and tilted, it was also very close to midnight.
When the next ball started I had 2mtm ready to go again and it played as expected.

What was strange was that when I entered my highscore the flippers were still active, and remained so even when the start hadnā€™t been pressed.

Unfortunately I was on the way out and had to turn the machine off without being able to investigate further or try and reproduce.

This just happened for me too. I think it is caused by getting a tilt warning just before making the final Beast shot. Was able to reproduce it second time with glass off.

First time it happened I actually went to adjustments and set the game to four balls. Returning back from the service menu flippers were enabled again, and by manually serving a ball to shooter lane and making another Beast shot the mode ended and the game continued normally.

This was on a Pro machine running 1.06.

1 Like

Had that happen before - in fact, it even carried the state of the previous 2MTM over. I dub it ā€œ4MTMā€.

Not sure if this mentioned/asked before, but the thing that I miss most on this (almost) perfect machine is the progression in Flight of Icarus.
Because you need to get 20 million to earn the soulshard it would be nice and convenient if the current progression was shown on the display.
Now many times Iā€™m not sure if I have enough and sometimes I take a unneeded risk with a drain as result and on the other hand sometimes I do not take the risk and Iā€™m a few million short.

8 Likes

I played some Iron Maiden last week, I havenā€™t played it for a long time. I felt that Flight of Icarus is a bit ā€¦useless/riskyā€¦ to play. I think my strategy will just be to get those 20M and go for something else instead. Itā€™s such a long shot getting decent points from Flight of Icarus vs. the risk.

I did score ~490M on Flight of Icarus once. I think it was a 13-way-combo. Probably without any multiplier. Canā€™t remember. But that will probably never ever happen again. I tend to drain when trying to hard on Flight of Icarus.

I told everyone Iā€™ve been teaching Iron Maiden to just ignore Flight of Icarus completely in tournament mode (itā€™s the first mode on that particular Iron Maiden, in TM, anyway) and just go for locks instead.

I still havenā€™t made it to Run to the Hills. :frowning: ā€¦ but Iā€™ll get there, one of these days.

I generally aim to stack Mummy with FOI. You then have another reason to hit both ramps to get your first Mummy add-a-ball. Then depending on how Iā€™m hitting the ramps, Iā€™ll usually choose one of the two modes to focus on.

1 Like

Love FOI, dial into those ramps for one of the easiest tomb awards. If Run for the Hills is your goal skipping Icarus seems like creating a hard path to take.

If Iā€™m going for Run to the Hils I wonā€™t be shooting ramps during Mummy multiball really, other than a few shots for add-a-ball. I will be focusing on the spinner to get them switches.

Iā€™m not skipping it completely: I collect 20M+ to get the tomb award, then I ignore FOI.