INDISC 2020 - 'The OPEN' IFPA Championship! - Trivia channel

Charlie’s Angels

Hot-off-the-presses!
Come to INDISC in January and get your name on the 2020 banner! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

2nd clue time!

Scroll up and down 4 rules.

Ok…here we go…good luck!

Clue #2: 9 reactors

Earthshaker

Tron

Last Action Hero

Sorry TF…you missed Clue#3.

OXO added to Classics!

OK, first the 4-part clue. One of the main fields on the ranking page is “WPPR”; making a typo [the alphabetically adjacent letter, no less], gives you “WOPR,” which, even better, is pronounced exactly the same. In the movie War Games, that was the name the military gave to their computer system. I refer to it as a “huge” typo both because it’s in the name of a primary field, rather than a less-prominent word on the page, and also because as clue item two, a “huge mistake” is often described as being a “whopper,” another homonym for WOPR / WPPR. Item three - “can’t win the big one” - the whole point of the movie was that WW3 is unwinnable. WW3 is certainly in the “big one” category. They taught the computer to understand the unwinnable aspect by having it play tic-tac-toe against itself as an example of an unwinnable game [if played properly by both sides]. Item 4: Dr. Falken, who programmed the computer, named it “Joshua,” after his deceased son. Know anyone with a name like that who might have almost-but-not-quite won some of pinball’s majors [“big ones”] and who also might be able to edit the rankings page?

So we we’re going for the tic-tac-toe idea here. Unfortunately for image , there were two noteworthy games with that kind of theme, and he guessed the wrong one after the first clue. Kudos to you for getting that close, though!

As for clue #2, the “9 reactors,” they’re from TNA, Total Nuclear Annihilation, whose theme is clearly in line with the first clue.

How about a nice game of chess?

1 Like

I watched a few videos of OXO on youtube. Looks like a serious card buster. I’m sure someone will play it… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

It’s still Sat… Let’s do more trivia! :slight_smile:

Scroll up or down for rules.

Ok…here we go…good luck!

Clue#1 - ‘This ride gets bumpy at the bottom.’

I’ve played it a bit… it’s not so bad that I would call it a card buster. But then again, once Jim gets his mitts on it, all bets are off.

Erin Malysa Well done!

Spanish Eyes added to Classics!

…And more trivia!

Ok…here we go…good luck!

Clue #1: ‘There’s a force field around our planet’

Super Sonic

Atlantis

Party Zone

1 Like

Dr Who

Happy Sunday all!

2nd clue time for yesterday’s trivia.

Ok…here we go…good luck!

‘Dressed for winter’

Bingo! Trevor Tmc gets it!
Frontier added to Classics!
Well done sir! :slight_smile:

Ladies and Gentlemen…Welcome to INDISC 2020 Tournament Game Trivia!!

Since we’re using the ‘card’ system again in 2020, the same rules/awards as last year apply.

1 trivia win = INDISC pin or patch!
2 trivia wins = INDISC shirt!
3 trivia wins = Everything! (Pin, Patch, Shirt AND 1 entry card for any division, except High Stakes. (High Stakes will have its own trivia! Watch for it in late December. - ALL players will be eligible for the High Stakes trivia!)

All ‘wins’ are the same, no matter how many clues it takes.

Clues will be text and/or pics.

Only 1 winner per game, so answer quickly! (Also, 1 guess per person, per clue (usually daily)! (MAX 3 ‘WINS’ per player!)

Game trivia is for attendees only!

If you feel for any reason that you might be ineligible to play…you probably are…so don’t! (Or, ask me 1st!)

If you wanna play for fun, email me at pinwzrd@aol.com!
AND, OF COURSE, IF YOU’RE NOT PLANNING ON ATTENDING, PLEASE REFRAIN FROM PLAYING. Thank you from me and everyone WHO IS planning on attending!

Also, please don’t edit/change your answers after posting…would hate to have to BAN you!

35 + total games this year…all over the map! Not sure we’ll do trivia for all, but we’ll see…

Any questions? Email me at pinwzrd@aol.com

Please post all answers either on our FB event page, tiltforums.com or my email.

Ok…here we go…good luck everyone…1st clue…

‘I missed the meeting; did you guys beat Thanos?’