INDISC 2020 - 'The OPEN' IFPA Championship! - Trivia channel

Let’s do some more! :slight_smile:

Ladies and Gentlemen…Welcome to INDISC 2020 Tournament Game Trivia!!

Since we’re using the ‘card’ system again in 2020, the same rules/awards as last year apply.

1 trivia win = INDISC pin or patch!
2 trivia wins = INDISC shirt!
3 trivia wins = Everything! (Pin, Patch, Shirt AND 1 entry card for any division, except High Stakes. (High Stakes will have its own trivia! Watch for it in late December. - ALL players will be eligible for the High Stakes trivia!)

All ‘wins’ are the same, no matter how many clues it takes.

Clues will be text and/or pics.

Only 1 winner per game, so answer quickly! (Also, 1 guess per person, per clue (usually daily)! (MAX 3 ‘WINS’ per player!)

Game trivia is for attendees only!

If you feel for any reason that you might be ineligible to play…you probably are…so don’t! (Or, ask me 1st!)

If you wanna play for fun, email me at pinwzrd@aol.com!
AND, OF COURSE, IF YOU’RE NOT PLANNING ON ATTENDING, PLEASE REFRAIN FROM PLAYING. Thank you from me and everyone WHO IS planning on attending!

Also, please don’t edit/change your answers after posting…would hate to have to BAN you!

35 + total games this year…all over the map! Not sure we’ll do trivia for all, but we’ll see…

Any questions? Email me at pinwzrd@aol.com

Please post all answers either on our FB event page, tiltforums.com or my email.

Ok…here we go…good luck everyone…1st clue…

‘Two letters more than a chocolate cookie’

CSI

Stern Mustang

Congrats to Germain Mariolle! Stellar sir!

Radical added to the Open!

Hydrox [cookies] + “yl” gives Hydroxyl. If you haven’t taken Chemistry as some of us have, I’ll drop in a dictionary definition here:

Hydroxyl - of or denoting the radical —OH, present in alcohols and many other organic compounds

[O for Oxygen, H for Hydrogen]. It’s extremely common as such things go; how about a toast to Germaine for getting it?

Nothing makes me feel like less of a creative thinker than these trivia questions.

4 Likes

definitely did not get that, educated guess on machine that could be good and havent been at INDISC yet :slight_smile:

Also helps that “letters” in particular are of utmost importance in RADICAL

1 Like

I was convinced the clue was OREO, so I was looking for games with 6 letters in the name.

I have never heard of Hydrox until this. Maybe they never made it into Canada, or maybe just the fact that they were discontinued in 1999 (until 2014). Thanks for making me feel too young

2 Likes

They were really really bad Oreo knockoffs so you’re not missing much.

2 Likes

I always went for the double stuffed Oreos - - higher portion of soft, sweet filling.

Ever doubled up on a double stuff? It’s amazing.

:cold_sweat:

Except that Oreo was a knockoff of Hydrox, introduced 4 years later in 1912. :wink:

There was a 19-minute episode of Planet Money talking about how Hydrox was reintroduced in 2015 after the trademark was abandoned and acquired by someone else.

https://www.npr.org/sections/money/2017/08/23/545546014/episode-652-the-hydrox-resurrection

2 Likes

I suspect Bowen would have preferred my next clue had it come to that: “Let’s get to the root of the problem.”

1 Like

Happy Friday all! INDISC is less than 4 weeks away! Come join us! :slight_smile:

And now…its trivia time!

Ladies and Gentlemen…Welcome to INDISC 2020 Tournament Game Trivia!!

Since we’re using the ‘card’ system again in 2020, the same rules/awards as last year apply.

1 trivia win = INDISC pin or patch!
2 trivia wins = INDISC shirt!
3 trivia wins = Everything! (Pin, Patch, Shirt AND 1 entry card for any division, except High Stakes. (High Stakes will have its own trivia! Watch for it in late December. - ALL players will be eligible for the High Stakes trivia!)

All ‘wins’ are the same, no matter how many clues it takes.

Clues will be text and/or pics.

Only 1 winner per game, so answer quickly! (Also, 1 guess per person, per clue (usually daily)! (MAX 3 ‘WINS’ per player!)

Game trivia is for attendees only!

If you feel for any reason that you might be ineligible to play…you probably are…so don’t! (Or, ask me 1st!)

If you wanna play for fun, email me at pinwzrd@aol.com!
AND, OF COURSE, IF YOU’RE NOT PLANNING ON ATTENDING, PLEASE REFRAIN FROM PLAYING. Thank you from me and everyone WHO IS planning on attending!

Also, please don’t edit/change your answers after posting…would hate to have to BAN you!

35 + total games this year…all over the map! Not sure we’ll do trivia for all, but we’ll see…

Any questions? Email me at pinwzrd@aol.com

Please post all answers either on our FB event page, tiltforums.com or my email.

Ok…here we go…good luck everyone…1st clue…

This is a four-part clue: ‘Not only can’t he win the big one, he made a huge typo on the IFPA rankings page.’

Thunderbirds

Flash Gordon?

X”s and O”s?

1 Like