If you’ve been on the fence about going to Houston Arcade Expo in the past, now is the year to make the journey!
- deeproot pinball will be giving a sneak peak of their first game – Retro Atomic Zombie Adventureland! Several prototypes will be available for play.
- Scott Danesi live DJ set!
- All night party in a large free play arcade!
But I know most people on TF are tournament players, so I’ll get right to that. I am very excited to announce the format of this year’s touranament, the Space City Open!
We have made several modifications to improve the tournament from last year. These modifications will:
- give players more time to enjoy the show outside the tournament area.
- increase the total number of players that can participate (at least 104).
- allow players who cannot attend on Friday to participate.
- reduce crowding in the tournament area.
All this while keeping the matchplay format that everyone loves! The very basic description of the tournament is there will be four distinct qualifying sessions, two on Friday 11/15 and two on Saturday 11/16. Players may play in up to two of these sessions, and can choose which is most convenient for them. Each session will be around three hours long, limited to 52 players, and will feature 6 rounds of group match play. The top 6 players from each session will qualify for finals.
The price for playing is $25 per session. All ticketing and waitlists will be handled on eventbrite (https://www.eventbrite.com/e/space-city-open-pinball-tournament-at-the-houston-arcade-expo-registration-68562110117). Tickets will go on sale September 22 at 12pm Central time.
We will also have a separate women’s tournament, and will announce details for that tournament shortly.
You can read the full details on the website at http://www.arcadecenter.com/index.php/pinball-tournament/. Hope to see you all there!