Houston Arcade Expo and Space City Open 2019 (11/15 - 11/16)

Thanks for the clarification. :+1:

And we’re down to the last 8 spots on Saturday morning. 121 players signed up so far!

Really liking the looks of this format. Is this the first time it’s been done? May have to pick your brain on this some after this year. Good luck!

1 Like

It definitely seems to be a hit so far! We’ve never had more than ~64 ish players at the Houston tournament, so this has been a whopping victory.

I adapted the Space City Open from the successful northwest pinball and arcade show tournaments. The most significant change I made was how players register for sessions.

From a TD perspective, I love that we can run a large matchplay tournament in more manageable 52 player chunks. We also didn’t need to recruit a ton of games or need a lot of space either. I’m excited to see how it shakes out.

Yeah I’m working with 64 as well. Looking to allow more players but not more games. My bank of games is limited to around 19-20.

I think this format would lead to some good conversations so, rather than mucking up this thread, I created a new one just for that here - Moddified Bracket Qualifying Match Play Format

I’m curious to see what the greater group thinks and what suggestions are made to make it even better.

1 Like

Pre-registration for the Women’s knockout tournament starts tomorrow at 8PM Central! There will not be a women’s division finals for the main tournament this year, it’s an entirely separate event!

Last call for T-shirts! Sales end tonight

One spot left in Pinball Profile pre tournament…

Just signed up so hope I got it. Didn’t realize TPL finals was at 10am and it’s a 3 hour drive from my house now :frowning: Means an extra hotel night so hope to get some pinball in since it looks like I have to be there an extra night.

1 Like

Brad is in. Pinball Profile World Tour event (Katy, TX) is sold out for Nov. 14! Send me a note to be on waiting list.

And now the Space City Open is sold out! 126 players in total are signed up to play! Final player list posted here.

istockphoto-810509198-612x612

1 Like

Woohoo!
Is the game list above the final list?

Pretty much. Things happen though so I won’t make guarantees. there’s a chance Deadpool could be swapped out for cactus canyon. TBD

http://www.arcadecenter.com/index.php/pinball-tournament/
According to the web site, Flash Gordon and GOT are out. Demo Man and Congo are in.

1 Like

Oh sorry I forgot I posted a screen shot! There’s a google sheet posted on the website that is updated in real time😅

The real question is. Are you letting Jessie go all “Jessie” on the games :slight_smile:

:rofl:
We’ll see what happens during transport and set up as something weird always happens when you bounce a game down the highway for 200 miles at 80 mph…
I have some changes in mind for both games to keep them from playing extra long ( sessions need to get in 6 games in a finite time period)
But @spraynard is TD and can make whatever adjustments he feels like making, or deems necessary…

Also, there is no “I” in my name :wink:

Im not looking to have a murder fest. That said, we can’t have many rounds lasting longer than 30 min. Tough but fair is my aim. I want players to be able to demonstrate their skills.

4 Likes