Help a newbie - registering a super selfie league with IFPA

There goes the Nationwide Super-Selfie Match Play League concept :dizzy_face: :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Youā€™re destroying your own creation! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Phones are weird. Match Play is relying on a timestamp that your phone embeds in the photo. Sometimes iphones embed this timestamp and sometimes they donā€™t. Itā€™s annoying.

so if the qualifying games themselves are excluded as ā€œunverifiedā€ can the format still be used and the TGP from unlimited qualifier time and a full PAPA final add up? :slightly_smiling:

Time ā€¦no (but appreciate the effort) :wink:

Full PAPA final ā€¦yep

dang! well itā€™s still fun and should be at least worth some pts with our top16 PAPA final (72% TGP) then :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

Question for those running selfie leagues - if a game goes down or is removed, how do you all deal with that? Havenā€™t had this happen aside from a machine going down temporarily (which isnā€™t a big deal), but letā€™s say someone is looking to game the system and plays ā€œX-Menā€ and puts up a score that is the highest, then he breaks the machine irreparably so it canā€™t be used any more so his score is now the top qualifying score and no one else gets attempts to top it. How would you deal with this? I want to put something in the rules just in caseā€¦

Personally, I would just take that gameā€™s results out of the qualifying equation entirely. If you donā€™t do that, you can get sucked into ā€œwell, it was at the end of the month so most people already had a score on itā€ or ā€œit was near the beginning of the month so we could just replace it with another game,ā€ both of which screw people over in a way thatā€™s easy to avoid by nullifying the machine completely. ā€¦Which I guess screws over people who happen to be good at that particular game, but I assume even they would prefer scrapping the game to not getting a chance to top the high score.

Iā€™d use same rules as unlimited best score tourneys: if the pin was available for play for at least half of the qualifying period, then results stand. If it was available for less than half, then results donā€™t count.

What Colin said. Itā€™s just a Herb tourney ā€¦ Those rules exist.

Happened several time to us, what Colin said 50% of the time rule.

thanks everyone - makes sense!

How does one do this without the keys? Cut the power cord off the back of the cabinet?:mask:

Yea, Iā€™ve had to do this as well. 11 days into the month. Scores were trashed. Players were annoyed. But a ruling has to be made.

1 Like