Guardians of the Galaxy Pinball Rulesheet

Nice. Assuming that’s insider knowledge on how additive PF X are done at Stern, I’ve learned something new today.

and is there an max or an max when in comp mode like star wars?

There’s the multiplier placed on specific shots as a reward for completing all the missions of a certain color too. Hard to achieve, but potentially lucrative once you earn them

the “3 deep” 2x shot multiplier is essentially a replacement to the combo shot multiplier, they do not interact together. I think of it as “that shot is now permanent in a combo”

2 Likes

So is this correct?
No Rocket, no Groot = 1x playfield
No Rocket, Groot 2x = 2x
No Rocket, Groot 3x = 3x
2x Rocket, no Groot = 2x
2x Rocket, Groot 2x = 4x
2x Rocket, Groot 3x = 5x

2 Likes

Added quick links and reorganized non-Groot shot/playfield multipliers to include the Rocket/Groot interaction (e.g. 3x groot w/ 2x rocket = 5x pfx base).

2 Likes

All right, here’s a deep cut question.

In Yaka, a visit to the pops advances just one chit, assuming you hit the target number of pops. Bouncing up the inlanes and back down counts as a new visit, and you can get a second chit.

Will a danger warning also provide a similar effect, triggering a fresh visit and allowing you to earn an extra chit?

The End of ball Bonus part currently is

Bonus seems to be calculated from 1k per major shot made this ball + 10% of the total score of every mode completed so far, over the course of the game. The bonus multiplier increases every time the mystery award is lit by spelling GUARDIANS.

I don’t know for the shot made but the mode bonus doesn’t work this way.

It gives you 50% of the points collected in a mode by the ball that got it completed.

If a ball complete the mode entirely, it will give you 50% of the mode points as bonus.
If you need multiple balls to complete a mode, only 50% of the points collected by the last ball will count.

This is why yaka arrow fully completed worth 11M bonus but if only half completed by the ball that closed it may be only 7.5M

1 Like

I’m not sure if that’s true, I think you still get the full amount of the mode points scored across play throughs, BUT the award value of each shot resets to base so it’s much more valuable to play it all the way through once

Hi @raydaypinball

remember here, I’m not talking about the mode points, I’m talking about the bonus generated from finishing a mode (character).
My example maths might be wrong on this specific example, it was just here to explain it.
the part I challenger is this one :

Completing a mode also adds approximately 10% of the mode total to end-of-ball bonus for the rest of the game and qualifies the mode’s corresponding character shot as a 5x jackpot shot during Groot Multiball.

it’s not 10% but 50% and not “of the mode total” but “of the mode total gathered during the ball that completed it.”

Check it yourself, finish yaka arrow in one ball, it’s a bit over 20M and your bonus takes 10Mish for the rest of the game. So far from the announced 2Mish.

Trying to make it clearer

When you complete a mode, half the mode points on that ball go to your bonus (and will be collected at the end of each subsequent ball).

I just looked at the code and confirmed, your bonus counts all times you’ve played the mode, including if you’ve reset with Xander (which makes sense, have you ever seen your bonus go DOWN after saving Xander?)

There is one exception and I’m not sure if it’s a bug or a feature, but the mode Sanctuary always resets every time it’s played, resets all points in bonus as well as all progress made.

However, the “Total” that is displayed is always the last attempt you made. Maybe that’s what you were seeing?

Methinks Sanctuary resetting if you fail to complete it is a feature.

So for every completed mode, you get in EOB bonus = [sum total of mode points, even if completed across multiple balls] x 50% ?

that’s how I’m interpreting it, yes. don’t have a game to verify

what about the code issues with groot lock where it can choke and lose track of the balls?

Well I’m not interpreting it, I got it home.
It is very easy to verify that your EOB bonus for finishing a mode is way smaller if you do not finish it in one ball. Therefore even if completed across multiple balls is wrong.
I’ve checked the 50% while playing, I’ll do the extra mile to do it manually to confirm 100% but it goes back to what I was saying:

When you complete a mode, half the mode points on that ball go to your bonus (and will be collected at the end of each subsequent ball).

I admitted it would be smaller due to the progressive nature of the modes scoring more points the more shots you hit since starting them.

I just don’t think the contribution from the first time you started the mode is zero, but I could be wrong.

Easy enough to test play a mode and leave one shot remaining, then start again and make one shot, see how many points that one shot is, and see what the bonus is. If the bonus is 50% of only that one shot than you’re correct

What I seem to have noticed about Sanctuary is that if you drain as the level times out it lets you keep your progress.

So if the counter drops to zero as your ball drops into the trough under the flippers you get to restart the level midway through it rather than starting over.

That’s what it seems like to me anyway.

welcome to the Tilt forum community! Keep in mind that the post you replied to was from a few years ago, though I’m not sure if any of the code updates since that post did anything to the game mode logic.

IIRC, there was one update that made Sanctuary similar to all the other modes, where you DO NOT lose your progress between plays of the mode – regardless of whether it was due to a drain or running out of time. I don’t recall which code update did that.