Guardians of the Galaxy Pinball Rulesheet

funny. that was my first post in this format message board (on any site) and it didn’t show the date anywhere in the place i was responding from so i thought it was the “17 Days ago” post.

Dunno if the machine I play has any updates… but it’s too specific of a glitch / feature / whatever to count on so I just play Sanctuary to beat it. Sanctuary is weirdly the easiest level for me… and then i follow that up with Kyln.

I haven’t seen any mention of this here, but in whatever software I’m playing Kyln doesn’t have to be finished with Rocket… you can finish with Groot if you can avoid hitting Groot until the final shot… so I come into Kyln with 3 hadrons… hit 3 shots that aren’t Groot… hit the 3 hadrons… then shoot Groot and the level is done. If you hit Groot as anything other than the final shot then it has to be finished with Rocket. I’m curious if this works for other folks too as I’ve only ever tried it on this one machine at work.

1 Like

Yes, I can confirm both of the things you described. If you drain during the last second of Sanctuary you are still in the mode on your next ball with extra time on the clock. I think this is a bug.

In my experience with Escape Kyln you need to complete all 5 lanes so you’re down to 2 shots remaining (Rocket and Groot). Using a Hadron in that situation spots you a shot but does not unlight Groot. I think this is a bug where the Hadron spots the left most shot but shooting Rocket has special rules in Escape Kyln, leading to this weird behavior.

(On the current v1.11 code.)

1 Like

I can say with absolute certainty that I finish the level hitting just 3 shots then 3 hadrons and finish with Groot.

I think your logic on the hadron spotting the leftmost shot is accurate so when it’s down to the final two shots (rocket and groot) it spots rocket (the leftmost shot) but relights him. I appreciate the bug if it’s a bug. I’m getting better now though so I can almost always get Rocket as my final shot before I time out.

1 Like