Ghostbusters Pinball Rulesheet

The rotating multipliers made more sense on the early code, when only one shot was multiplied. Still, I like the rule change. The multiplier, once locked in, does count for all shots. Shot values increase slightly with every successful shot, but all are multiplied equally.

You still have to strategize. If you have the PKE ramp lit for 6x and the left ramp lit for 2x with less than 10 seconds left, you’re going to want to shoot the easy left ramp so you don’t run out of time and have to requalify. If in the same situation but with 20 or more seconds left, you’re going to want to try a couple of shots at the PKE ramp to get those 6x multipliers.

Often enough on the old code, I would accidently roll a ball into the left scoop while still trying to build the multipliers. That shot (or the PKE ramp) weren’t good shots to have multiplied during SP. You wanted a repeatable shot, like the left ramp or right orbit, multiplied. The rule change made it pretty easy to get all the shots to at least 2 or 3x.

1 Like

Thanks all for the insight! I see now why Stay-Puft is such a desirable mode to get and multiply on top of the multipliers. Tough to get it in the pops and then hit Gozer. But fun challenge.

1 Like

Dude. Idk the proper terminology, but on the machine i play on, the “tobin’s guide” / “extra ball” drop launch on the left side doesnt acknowledge that anything pops in. So i cant get slime/tobins/extra ball (after 30 ghosts captured) so i have to wait (during scenes) for the game to locate a ball. But i have noticed that magnets pull super hard to make you lose. God damn. Someone talk to me fo f trouble shoot plessee

Your switch isn’t registering in that scoop. Start there.

1 Like

Posting here so I can bump this thread for the new code…

Highlights from the new code:

• Video mode skillshot replaced with “Collect 10 Ghosts” :pray:
  • Cross the streams video mode value increased to 80M
  • Hitting L captive ball twice now lights a single storage facility lock instead of all 3
  • Loopin’ supers no longer stacks with anything
  • PKE Frenzy can only be stacked with Mass Hysteria
  • PKE Frenzy scoring nerfed
  • Switching flippers on mass hysteria now increases JP value each time
  • WRTBY totally reworked (MB where you have to collect 100 ghosts on a time limit)
  • “Are You A God” wizard mode starts if you complete WRTBY
  • You can now collect a top lane skillshot and a lower PF skillshot
  • “K” skillshot now only lights one PF mult instead of both
  • You can light a playfield multiplier at any time by comboing left ramp to gear targets or left captive ball (!!!)
  • You can no longer loop the left ramp during WCWS (the last shot you hit turns off until you hit a different one)
  • WCWS now awards a 100M jackpot after hitting a certain number of shots
  • Stay Puft scoring nerfed a bit; also you can no longer loop the L ramp over and over in Phase 2 (similar to WCWS; can’t repeat shots)
  • Stay puft multiplier rules changed; max is now 3x and gozer target is no longer involved
  • In “Gozer the Gozerian” mode, the first phase now requires the R orbit to advance (instead of the R ramp)
  • Mode shots can now be spotted in some cases by hitting the ghost target
  • Add-a-ball no longer lit at the beginning of any MB
  • Better lights and sound across the board
  • Build Super JP value at any time via spinner
  • Draining during a mode that isn’t the end of a ladder now completes the mode (modes will be lit at the beginning of the next ball)
  • SJP value now maxes out at 30M
  • SJP value now resets to 5M at the beginning of every ball irregardlessly
8 Likes

I never thought I’d say this… When can I come over to play some GB? :joy:

Nice recap!

3 Likes

Neat! Being locked into modes is my least favorite feature of any software design I can think of and if there was anything they could do to make playing GB more fun, this was it.

Wasn’t this the default setting on some of the earlier code versions?

1 Like

I don’t recall playing enough on early code versions of the game to know and have poor rules knowledge of this game in general. Probably could figure it out poking through the old release notes but they’re not posted on Stern’s site.

yes, but i don’t think it completed the mode, i think it just ended it, if i recall correctly.

1 Like

Does that mean you essentially never need to hit slimer to start a mode after the first one? Unless you time out I guess? Seems weird to reward draining…

1 Like

Yeah. I thought about this quite a bit. I needed to shift from needing GHOST -> Slimer -> light modes as often. I want to keep the game moving.

Its always better to not drain. If you can complete the mode without draining and move on to the next mode or whatever puts you way ahead.

3 Likes

No more video mode skill shot anymore? Good! Now I can go back to actually playing the game.

4 Likes

Can we turn off the false positive “Ball Save” light that flashes during Multiball any time a ball is in the scoop? (specifically… when it is not lit for ball save). With all the new multiballs and wizard modes, I imagine the fake ball save light will be flashing continuously.

4 Likes

While I totally agree, I’ll take this a bit further:

I never want to see that light come on unless ball save is active.

5 Likes

I have no idea what you are talking about. The shoot again light should never come one unless ball save is happening.

Super Jackpot starts at 5M now too. And I believe it does reset to 5M every ball even if you didn’t collect one on the prior ball.

I believe this was a legit issue in the old code. If you hit the right saucer during multiball, the ball save light would flash for a couple seconds (like it normally does for the saucer ball save) but it would not actually give you the ball back if one drained while it was flashing.

This is no longer an issue in the current iteration of the new code; the light still flashes but it will actually give you balls back now. If you’re quick you can use it to save an outlane drain~

3 Likes