Ghostbusters Pinball Rulesheet

yes please! [even though I’ve never been (yet) there but friends who have all have similar complaints of the scoring being too low] :raised_hands:t3:

So are you saying there is a chance the code is final as is?

We will try to fix bugs when we can. But otherwise you should ALWAYS assume that there will not be a code update for a game that is 1.0 or greater.

With that said, I would like to revisit Ghostbusters, when I can, and my bosses are pretty reasonable in that court.

10 Likes

Good to hear. There are some game stopping bugs that would be nice to see cleaned up. It’s a great game, but with a little score balancing and bug squashing, it could be an all-time great.

I really appreciate your expressing your desire to finish the game. Can you explain the thought behind the scoring in We Are Ready to Believe You? I’ve talked to several players that have gotten to it and we are trying to figure out how to build the SJP value. As it stands it seems like the value to the mode is really low for what can be earned during regular play.

I’m also curios as to how one starts Are You a God. There is a ball save for the mode so I assume it is in the game just not sure how to qualify it.

Also curious as to when the Librarian insert is used. That one is lost on me as well.

Thanks for any insight you can share.

I want to be clear. I consider the game to be finished. I think that the game is fun and interesting as is. But there is always room for improvement.

• Dwight
2 Likes

Code is never finished, only abandoned.

• Leonardo da Vinci
4 Likes

“Spook Central: Starts with hurry-up on left ramp to determine jackpot value. Counts down starting at 15,125,000 down to 1.5M”

sometimes the value is 20M or even 25M, how did I raised this value ?? I did it but I have no idea how I did it…

That is interesting. If no one knows I will do some testing when I return home this weekend. Both thematically and based on the fact I have not seen this I would guess Terror Dog / gozer hurry-ups as the first thing to explore. I guess it could also be something that is grown in the library stack to encourage chronological play.

1 Like

I think there is a pop bumper award that increases the value.

I think it’s add time

1 Like

Maybe it is a pop bumper or Tobin award. But I can tell you it doesn’t seem related to

• claiming Terror dog or Gozer hurrys
  • having played WCWS
  • having had playfield multipliers during wbtd
  • having cashed in a super during SFM
  • collected a bunch of ghosts

Didn’t feel like testing through hotel ladder. But I am stumped. I have still not seen any number but 15,125,000

Remembering old code possibly? I thought it was more valuable in older code.

I’ve seen this too, although it’s been a while. The usual MO is to catch the ball on the left flipper, then backhand the left ramp for full value. Count down never starts. I missed the catch once and noticed the value was noticeably higher. I want to say something on the upper playfield did it. Pops, Gozer target or rollovers. Seems like I hit an orbit or shot it into the pops before it increased.

I’ve seen this a few times on the latest code, too. My guess is the “Add Time” pop bumper award boosts the hurry up value.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s definitely what “add time” will do to any point value hurryup. It’s also definitely not playfield X; I’ve collected the initial hurryup with playfield X many times but it always displays the 1x value.

1 Like

I’m running the latest code…

Is it a frequent enough award that this should be a strategy if you miss the frozen hurry-up? Is it available is tournament mode? Thinking a bit more maybe it is a strategy to stack with SFM (although saving the stack for Gozer still seems better).

I don’t see why tournament mode would disable it, but I don’t get it that frequently to begin with. If I’m whiffing the ramp shot, I almost hope I drain so I can reset the timer and maybe collect a K skillshot instead.

Does anyone know why tilting exits your mode, but draining doesn’t? Is this a bug or deliberate punishment for tilting?