Game you like, game you hate (that you played at Pinburgh)

The ear plug mod of Soren’s is awesome. I have it on all my B/W games. The Sterns don’t seem to need it.

This! But also for Sterns; using a quarter slice of a foam ear plug as a “tilt blunt” was the only way we could get the tilt on our Metallica Pro usable for our location.

1 Like

I had a few segments in the film that was scrapped. It was getting too long as is. Maybe a part 2 some day.

One of which was the various design styles. Long rod, short rod etc. Flipping the plumb bob is effectively shortening the rod. Changing the dynamic behaviour.

A second topic I had to let go was on the electronics stuff and causes of misbehave. It became too broad a topic and too difficult to explain. But in my experience A LOT of spurious/unfair/unexplainable/surprising tilts/slamtilts are rooted in electronic causes. Issues that might come and go. Stuff that is hard to troubleshoot.

One example being solder pads and diode legs on a leaf switch that are sitting close. And with vibration of the game they sometimes conduct. And sometimes not.

Another one is the good old shorted diode. Where a misbehave is only showing when three switch on-states align.

I am not familiar with Road Kings. Is the jackpot in question (the one apparently triggering the ghost tilt) the under the right ramp shot (Mega score)? And is the other ball held in a saucer or similar at the same time?

1 Like

I’ve had the plumb bob on my location DM flipped like this for a couple years now with no problems. Plays like you’d expect, and it does settle faster.

Personally, I’d rather have the game perma-tilt if the bob slipped down (which would generally be brought to my attention quickly), than have the game thrown around for who knows how long before I discover it has no tilt.

I like the earplug concept a lot, but am hesitant to implement. I kinda like that a player has to stay on their toes for awhile after a big move because they know it’s still swinging. Also, @pinwizj is it just my eyes or is the bob in your pic not even close to centered? Seems like maybe that tilt mech wasn’t the only one there being “enhanced” by a spliff :wink:

2 Likes

Road Kings scores a jackpot by re-locking in any 2 of the 3 possible lock shots, so that could be the two saucers or the under ramp Mega Score orbit shot plus any one saucer. This is on a timer.