Foo Fighters Rulesheet

If a van mode is running it will pick the highest scoring van award shot, but you’ll still get credit for everything else at that shot.

If a van mode isn’t running it just picks the highest value shot it can find when counting as many things as it can like combo awards, Area 51 advances, van letters, multiball jackpots, etc

The code prior to the latest release it wasn’t working correctly and all bets were off

2 Likes

got two balls in the Overlord lock and it would only eventually ball search it out. No sort of Dirty Pool option? Though this was only realized after the MB was down to two balls and the ball search kicked in

Also another quirk I just saw: left inlane skill shot did not validate playfield, which feels like odd behavior.

It was after a no switch first plunge if that matters.

Played on location for a couple hours on a pro today. Had two or three instances where forks went up to hold a ball under the Overlord during single ball play, but no ball was served to the shooter lane. On the 2nd or 3rd ball search the forks dropped to release it though. I’m not positive, but I think one instance was on a New Orleans shot to the Overlord.

Also, I noticed Bot Frenzy was indicated by a solid blue insert at the left ramp. It looked at first glance like a regular mode or multiball shot was lit there. Maybe it could be changed to a rapidly flashing insert to let you know something’s ready to start there?

Super fun game! Loved playing it!!!

This happened to me once just today and I hadn’t seen it at all before today. Only had time for a couple games so didn’t notice it again but launch party tomorrow so it will get some action for sure.

Was able to recreate this again today. Lit lock (flashing green) at overlord. Hit shots to qualify van mode. Selected New Orleans. Shot immediately to overlord shot and the ball was held but no ball was served into the shooter lane. Ball was released on the 3rd ball search and it didn’t seem like the NO shot or the lock shot was registered.

Also, while in Chicago mode brought in Monkey Wrench MB and inserts were only lit red. Couldn’t tell which shots were lit for Chicago.

Really loving this game though!!!

Ah yes monkey wrench turns all shots solid, I can make sure the mode priority is higher.

Yeah that matches the other reports we’ve had, sadly whenever I try those steps it always works fine, but regardless we’ve identified the issue in other ways and should be fixed soon.

2 Likes

Both yesterday and today when starting Supersonic Radio I didn’t realize I was in the mode until suddenly a shot turned pink. Could a different starting color be used for the inserts instead of gray? To my (not great) eyes and while focusing mainly on the ball the inserts just look like they’re lit white to spell V-A-N.

Also, after hitting the radio targets you have to hit it again to stop the radio dial on the LCD from shaking to lock it in. After hitting the shot to lock it in, it seemed like when I immediately glanced up at the LCD to confirm the radio dial had stopped shaking, the radio dial had momentarily disappeared from the screen though. Could the dial stay on screen or could a sound be added to confirm?

Played both DC and Austin today. The modes in this game are a lot of fun!!!

1 Like

What do the two circular white inserts in the center of the MOD-ulator indicate?

if exactly two drop targets are down, hitting the paddle will fill in one circle

If exactly one drop target is down, hitting the paddle will fill in 2 circles

Fill in both circles and get one more hit to increase your bonus X

5 Likes

I also noticed that with the playfield validation. As of the current code (0.93), you can exploit that and keep building up your van mods without playfield validation as long as you don’t hit 3 or more switches (don’t believe the slings count for this). For example, you can plunge into the van mod skill shot to drop 1 or 2 targets & drain. Plunge again into the remaining drop/drops and drain again. Then, keep repeating the cycle of plunging into the mod target once and draining to build up your van mod to the max without the drops resetting until you max it out.

You’ll know when you’ve hit too many switches or a major switch b/c you’ll get the “you’ll stick around” animation on the display after draining and then your ball save has ended. I have noticed that on occasion the playfield has validated after hitting only 2 drop targets but not sure what caused that. (Don’t think it also hit the mod target b/c I don’t recall the drops resetting after but not sure.)

Thinking @raydaypinball might want to take a look at this to prevent it being exploited.

Had another overlord lock malfunction yesterday… was finishing up Seattle and on the final shot the ball missed the forks, or jumped out or something and then the forks stayed up for the remainder of the game (3 more balls). I was able to complete a couple city modes saving my center button to collect that shot but no other progress was achievable.

1 Like

Yep - I wondered if the trap forks were just broken on the one I played, but it’s clear now that it’s a software error.
Glad to hear someone else call it out.

Our forks have been troublesome from day one we are trying to locate the issue on whether there is a loose connection or it is software related great mech but super frustrating as it is just not working properly.

Similar issue also in Seattle. Final shot to the Overlord didn’t register. It trapped the ball correctly but then just sat there until a ball search dropped the forks.

It’s being looked at, seems to happen if you have a lightning fast shot directly at the back target on a mode final shot, but doesn’t seem to happen on every foo or every time. But we’ve got a pretty good idea of what’s happening so stay tuned.

3 Likes

Had the exact same thing happen at Wedgehead in PDX last weekend

The jail bars seem to be working mostly right on the pro I’m playing, although I do have one suggestion. Now, after the last ball for the last player drains, if a ball is left locked in the overlord, the ball is released shortly after the match sequence completes. If you watch the match sequence complete, then pust the start button too fast, locked ball stays.

I don’t recall if the software recognizes it and compensates accordingly on next game, but if the locked ball can be released at the beginning of the match sequence, this would be much less likely to happen. If it has to wait until that final game over signal after match, perhaps the slight delay could be shortened? Not a big deal, but if it’s an easy fix, it would be appreciated.

games does not check for all balls in through? or see an ball in an lock as something to clear?

It sees the locked ball, but it doesn’t release it until several seconds after the match number is shown on the display. If you already have a credit on the game and press start too quick after the match number is shown, new game is started, ball isn’t released.

I believe the software adjusts. Still have to hit the two side targets to light lock, next locked ball hit counts as lock, but not 100% sure.